Perhaps the Perfect Vacation DE

Discussion in 'Double Edged Razors' started by Twelvefret, May 16, 2019.

So, been using two Bakelite (vintage design) DE for the beach this week with wonderful results.

Soap the a gifted Arko stick and a 1305 Semogue
    Boar.

Anyway, excellent, near perfect results and no concern about salt air with razors

1. I've got a small Bakelite DE (vintage) -- and I do like my Arko stick. I need to try and locate that DE. This week (except for Micromatic Monday) has been daily shaves with my Schick Krona. I like it, it's a good razor. It feels ultra-mild relative to the Lather Catchers, GEMs and other SE razors; but it consistently got the job done in 3 passes and a super-light touch-up.

2. Love the Krona.

3. I was reading your posts about it from last year and figured that out :lol1: -- as usual, we are on the same page, I am a fan as well. Picked it up a while back, and really glad I did!

4. Perfect and glad you like .!!

5. I will say that the Bakelite slants deliver and should be In everyone’s shave den or collection. At $19, they are the best kept secret

6. ajkel64

ajkel64 Ambassador

7. No, those copies of vintage Bakelite razors PAA produced.

8. Awesome travel set up. I took my straights with me at first but now I take a de a shave stick and a small badger brush.

9. GREAT!! :a29::a29:

Sometimes, ‘Less is more!’ (Less weight, less muss and fuss, fewer options, etc.)

10. Buddy a plastic razor really noooooo....

When I saw your post the first thing that came to mind was your feather shavette lol.

I'm actually surprised your using a DE :)

Happy shaves and holidays,

Mawashi

11. These are vintage reproductions of almost impossible to find razors.

So, I have a great selection of vintage DE and SE razors that I use routinely on the Daily Double.

12. Ah I see, makes more sense now.

Cheers,

Mawashi