What's new

Perhaps the Perfect Vacation DE

So, been using two Bakelite (vintage design) DE for the beach this week with wonderful results.

Soap the a gifted Arko stick and a 1305 Semogue
Boar.

Anyway, excellent, near perfect results and no concern about salt air with razors

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I've got a small Bakelite DE (vintage) -- and I do like my Arko stick. I need to try and locate that DE. This week (except for Micromatic Monday) has been daily shaves with my Schick Krona. I like it, it's a good razor. It feels ultra-mild relative to the Lather Catchers, GEMs and other SE razors; but it consistently got the job done in 3 passes and a super-light touch-up.

I've got a small Bakelite DE (vintage) -- and I do like my Arko stick. I need to try and locate that DE. This week (except for Micromatic Monday) has been daily shaves with my Schick Krona. I like it, it's a good razor. It feels ultra-mild relative to the Lather Catchers, GEMs and other SE razors; but it consistently got the job done in 3 passes and a super-light touch-up.

Love the Krona.

I will say that the Bakelite slants deliver and should be In everyone’s shave den or collection. At $19, they are the best kept secret

Awesome travel set up. I took my straights with me at first but now I take a de a shave stick and a small badger brush.

So, been using two Bakelite (vintage design) DE for the beach this week with wonderful results.

Soap the a gifted Arko stick and a 1305 Semogue
Boar.

Anyway, excellent, near perfect results and no concern about salt air with razors

Buddy a plastic razor really noooooo....

When I saw your post the first thing that came to mind was your feather shavette lol.

I'm actually surprised your using a DE :)

Happy shaves and holidays,

Mawashi

Buddy a plastic razor really noooooo....

When I saw your post the first thing that came to mind was your feather shavette lol.

I'm actually surprised your using a DE :)

Happy shaves and holidays,

Mawashi

These are vintage reproductions of almost impossible to find razors.

So, I have a great selection of vintage DE and SE razors that I use routinely on the Daily Double.

Top Bottom