What's new

Penworks - My New Silvertip

Being very new to DE shaving, I wanted a nice brush. After tons of research, I ordered a Penworks ST2-24HR. This is a 24mm Grade A Silvertip, with a black faux-horn handle. The handle height is 54mm, and the loft is 52mm. I received it yesterday, which was super fast. I bloomed it yesterday, let it dry, and used it today.

I could not be more pleased. Using about 3/4 of an almond sized spot of DR Harris Arlington cream, and simply using the weight of the brush to quickly swing the tips like a pendulum in the bowl, lather began to seemingly fly off of the brush. Awesome.

I shaved the right side of my face and neck, rinsed out the brush and bowl, and soaked the brush again. Squeezing the water only from the tips, I loaded the brush with moistened Arlington hard soap for about 40-45 seconds. I splashed warm water on the left side of my face, and face lathered. Almost immediately there was such awesome lather that I went ahead and got the right side, again. This brush has zero scritch, but more than enough scrub. It feels like scrubbing with a cloud.

I couldn't be more pleased. Penworks exceeded my high expectations, and have not only made me pretty darned happy, but they have earned my repeat business. A special tip o' the hat to Vanessa, who takes her time to say "Thanks". Penworks rocks.

I know what folks say - "If you don't have pics it didn't happen..." Here's a few pics:

Brand new, out of the box:

full

Bloomed:

full

Bloomed, from above:

full

After this morning's shave, with some scale:

full

Have fun,

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Great brush. I literally went there today after seeing your post and picked up the same model in 20mm. Insanely dense and soft brush.

Top Bottom