What's new

Pencil Thin Moustache

Searched on the threads and people have said to get a straight razor to achieve the pencil thin look, any tips or recommended razors to achieve this effect?

Don't want to spend to much on a experiment :tongue:

Like this?
proxy.php

I have never tried(nor even thought about) doing this.

However, a Straight may be the best way, and if you are not keen on the upkeep, and just want the detailing qualities, a Shavette may be what you need.

A straight is definitely easier than a safety blade, IME. I'd imagine a really skinny straight would help too. Speaking of which, I've got a couple for sale..... :wink: (shameless plug)

Thanks for the replies, yep that's the effect i'm looking for, looks like i need to invest in a shavette :thumbup1:

Straights are great for maintaining moustache/goatee shapes. Especially useful for pencil thins are small sculpting razors, as they're easy to maneuver under the nose. I have a tiny old 4/8 Henckels straight that's just perfect.

Yeah, and I always find myself humming that Jimmy Buffet song while I'm trimming it...

I can't help but sing some Jimmy Buffett.

I wish I had a pencil thin mustache, the Boston Blackie kind.
:biggrin: That is exactly what came to my mind when I saw the thread, but the part of the lyrics that always come to my mind are:

Oh I wish I had a pencil thin mustache
Then I could solve some mysteries too

A straight is definitely easier than a safety blade, IME. I'd imagine a really skinny straight would help too. Speaking of which, I've got a couple for sale..... :wink: (shameless plug)

Yeap, my 3/8 Filarmonica # 10 is just perfect for it. I mean, would be, if I wore a mustache like that, which I don't, by the way...:redface:

Maybe you could try for something like this classic 'stache?

proxy.php

Best of luck and maybe post a pic or two of that badboy once you get your shavette on?:lol:

when I first got my straight I did the pencil thin, just because I could!

It also started more than one conversation of "how did you get it to look like that?" "Well I shave with a straight razor":001_smile

Top Bottom