What's new

Pelikan M400

Here is my newest addition. Pelikan M400 with a 14 kt extra fine nib. I got it yesterday all the way from Germany in 4 days! I flushed it a bit with some warm water an loaded it up with Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher. I'm not big into blue ink but I love this one!
I was a bit worried about the Extra Fine nib, but while it does feel a little scratchy on the paper, it lays down a nice wet line!

Attachments

• $Pelikan M400.JPG
    $Pelikan M400.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 138
  • $Pelikan Nib.JPG
    $Pelikan Nib.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 138

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Now we're talking! Nice pen, keep in mind EF nibs can sometimes have a bit of "feedback" that is interpreted as scratchiness on some paper surfaces. Often the wetness of a good Pelikan really works well with a finer nib, laying down the perfect line.

Great pen, congratulations.

Beautiful pen! I feel Pelikans are a real value for the quality, and I love the classic look of the Souveran series. My every day go to pen is a blue stiped Souveran M800, fine nib, and I'm someone who can find some fines too scratchy. Although the M800 comes with 18k nib, my experience has been that they get smoother with regular use.

Enjoy!

Thanks guys! I am waiting on a delivery from the Goulet's again today with some Pelikan ink to load her up with.
Edelstein Onyx, Edelstein Aventurine and Pelikan Royal Blue. Then she will be put back to use!

Last edited:
Oooh, yes, the brown/gold/green combination in the torti has a real warmth to it! I also have two green striped M1000s that I find just a bit too big for me. Having a tendency to grip quite firmly I tend to find larger pens more comfortable. The M800 works well for me while, unfortunately, the M1000s tend to stay in the desk drawer.

Top Bottom