What's new

Pearl Flexi V6

Flexi Amazon follow-up/ head-up:
Next batch of Flexi arriving next week 21st. Amount available to start will be 50!
Also the warranty on the Flexi is 5 years. Must register before a month ends, good only to the original purchaser. BFX

I had fired few questions at a Pearl Shaving contact / & this is the reply :

What are the layers of protection?
1. The three layers of protection are:
First is Copper
Second is Nickel
Third is Matt Chrome

Blaze listed on Amazon ( by Pearl Shaving USA), have the alignment issues been addressed?
2. The difference Between Blaze First & Second model is Alignment Improvement/ Fix.
The first Blaze run had Slant error, which has been sorted in the next following run.
The ones listed on Amazon (by Pearl Shaving USA) are the latest run.

Have all the Flexi issues been addressed?
4. The Flexi's first run also one had some design alignment issues. But from the second run on, all the versions of Flexi are the same and issue is addressed. It's just different manufacture runs as we keep getting stocked out. The current run is #12.

3. Flexi > Rattle in the handle :
Seems to be related to a (possible) loose retaining clip. Which sould be addressed now.

All these blade alignment & spacing issues have been sorted out now since run/ v2 of Flexi (+Blaze) & after that, no current reports of this to date in the newer runs.

BFX Amazon Update -Notes & To Do's:
Flexi

All the Flexi's listed sold out in less that a week ( I believe 10) for 69 bucks shipped.
I will follow up and see if and when more will be listed?

Blaze (I believe the Flexi's warranty is similar) :
Eight left, mostly people are very apprehensive because of the out of the gate qa & design issues.
Most likely it will take a while to self-heal. But 40 bucks for a full cnc brass 3 piece safety razor with appears to a tweaked sudo 89 head (looks like to me).
With the now known, 3 layer of protection.

Hey, a not a bad warranty and also from what I have heard pretty good customer service>
Blaze:
Warranty Registration:

If you purchased this product from us or anywhere else, please register it at the URL below for the warranty concerns

Warranty Registration - Best Razor for man | Pearlshaving - https://pearlshaving.in/warranty/

Warranty Terms & Conditions:

• If any Mechanical problem comes up, it can be solved in the said warranty period.
  • No Charge will be taken for the replacement of any parts.
  • Shipping Charges to get the product reach to us, need to be paid by the customer.
  • The accidental damage to the razor done by the customer will not be covered by the company as it is not considered in the warranty.
  • A warranty period of 2 years will be counted from the delivery date.
  • You can claim a warranty on the Mail Id i.e. [email protected] or on the customer support i.e. 80007782383 (WhatsApp)
  • Razor serial number is mandatory while claiming a warranty.
  • Razor damage will be covered in the warranty but packing & accessories-related problems will not be under the cover of the company.
  • Only 1st owner can claim a warranty.
  • Warranty Registration must be done within 1 month after purchase.

Hope this is a help,
BFX
I bought one of these after seeing your post a few days ago. Just received it today. All kinds of red flags on this thing. First it was shipped out of someones apt in Lawrenceville, GA. Second it arrived with just a plastic wrap around the box containing the razor. No outside box to protect, so of course the so called gift box was banged up. Third, the wrapper around the razor box had plain old cellophane tape holding the wrapper in place. Fourth, the rattle is definitely still there. And fifth there is a mess of what appears to be blue loctite above the adjustor knob.

I have my doubts that this is the latest version and I seriously doubt it is a new razor. I also have my doubts that this is actually Pearl Shaving USA selling them.

These are just my opinions on the razor I received but I would urge caution buying one of these. Mine is most likely being returned to Amazon if I can.

I bought one of these after seeing your post a few days ago. Just received it today. All kinds of red flags on this thing. First it was shipped out of someones apt in Lawrenceville, GA. Second it arrived with just a plastic wrap around the box containing the razor. No outside box to protect, so of course the so called gift box was banged up. Third, the wrapper around the razor box had plain old cellophane tape holding the wrapper in place. Fourth, the rattle is definitely still there. And fifth there is a mess of what appears to be blue loctite above the adjustor knob.

I have my doubts that this is the latest version and I seriously doubt it is a new razor. I also have my doubts that this is actually Pearl Shaving USA selling them.

These are just my opinions on the razor I received but I would urge caution buying one of these. Mine is most likely being returned to Amazon if I can.
I am of course sorry that you had to go through that, but this is a good reminder to the 'save a few bucks' crowd. I missed getting one of these on sale last year and they are still $20 more from reputable retailers. I am guessing you were trying to support Pearl's attempt at direct sales in NA and many have been waiting for that option so it's good that you got this info out.

(I do now wonder if this was all a scam and Pearl themselves isn't in any way involved)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Terrible. Amazon should make the return happen. Clearly not what Flexi fans have received when we've ordered from Pearl and other reputable vendors.

(I do now wonder if this was all a scam and Pearl themselves isn't in any way involved)

Are you saying you think maybe Pearl was involved in a scam? I can't quite determine your meaning.

I've heard about and experienced only above board business practices from Pearl.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Terrible. Amazon should make the return happen. Clearly not what Flexi fans have received when we've ordered from Pearl and other reputable vendors.

Are you saying you think maybe Pearl was involved in a scam? I can't quite determine your meaning.

I've heard about and experienced only above board business practices from Pearl.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I see how that could be misinterpreted now, exactly the opposite of what I was trying to do! :facep:

That probably should say: I wonder if this is all a scam and that Pearl themselves isn't involved in any way. Meaning, they weren't the actual Amazon seller, but some scammer with defective units. Now how he got those, IDK...

All I can tell you is, yes they are shipped out of GA. Kriti is starting the Pearl Shaving USA Web store. Also she is doing the shipping. As for the red flags, I would say from your comments, her packaging is not acceptable. I was only only involved in consulting with the Pearl Shave Web pages only. I would contact her, let her know. Refund if you are not happy or satisfied.
She did tell these are latest from Pearl. Sorry if your are not happy. Thank you for letting us know. BFX....& I will also let her know.... thank again..BFX

Pearls QA process (or big lack of) seems to be an ongoing problem. The lack protection in packaging / shipping process is just unacceptable. I just gave her an ear full.....Sorry....Again just trying to help here....BFX
I sent an email this morning to Pearl India inquiring to the legitimacy of the razor I received and described the issues I experienced. I will wait to see if they respond. I hate to go thru the process of returning to Amazon because I know from other members of my family's experience with them on returns of items not sold and shipped by them that it will take forever to get my money back. I'll likely just take the loss and chalk it up to experience. Im not sure why I continue to buy thru Amazon. There must be something wrong with me. LOL

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I sent an email this morning to Pearl India inquiring to the legitimacy of the razor I received and described the issues I experienced. I will wait to see if they respond. I hate to go thru the process of returning to Amazon because I know from other members of my family's experience with them on returns of items not sold and shipped by them that it will take forever to get my money back. I'll likely just take the loss and chalk it up to experience. Im not sure why I continue to buy thru Amazon. There must be something wrong with me. LOL
I got a fairly quick response from Pearl India (Dhara).... I tried to buy my Flexi directly from them but I had problems with both Visa and AMEX going through so I ordered from Murphy and McNeil as I mentioned previously.... Dhara told me they (Flexi Adjustable Safety Razor with Stand (Version 11, Matte) - by Pearl Shaving - https://murphyandmcneil.com/products/flexi-adjustable-safety-razor-with-stand-matte-by-pearl-shaving) have the same production run they had... when I got mine, it was V10... They are selling V11s at the moment.

I got a fairly quick response from Pearl India (Dhara).... I tried to buy my Flexi directly from them but I had problems with both Visa and AMEX going through so I ordered from Murphy and McNeil as I mentioned previously.... Dhara told me they (Flexi Adjustable Safety Razor with Stand (Version 11, Matte) - by Pearl Shaving - https://murphyandmcneil.com/products/flexi-adjustable-safety-razor-with-stand-matte-by-pearl-shaving) have the same production run they had... when I got mine, it was V10... They are selling V11s at the moment.
Did yours have any blade gap issue, rattle in handle or messy blue loctite around the adjustor?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Did yours have any blade gap issue, rattle in handle or messy blue loctite around the adjustor?
I just put a blade in mine.... I haven't used it yet.... that rattle is there... I don't know what it is but it doesn't seem to interfere with the razor working properly. The blade adjustment is firm but smooth...the blade alignment is perfect.

I'm not seeing any blue Loctite anywhere.

Edit: I was curious about the little rattle. I disassembled the razor, held the handle with the bottom "knob" pulled out as far as I could... No rattle... push the "knob" in until it bottoms out.. shake.. that little rattle is there. Someone smarter than I am might know what that is. Is there a bushing in there or something. I have no idea.

In any event, the razor adjusts smoothly.. the blade seems secure and the blade gaps are uniform on both sides as you adjust it up and down. The blade reveal is identical side to side...

Last edited:
I just put a blade in mine.... I haven't used it yet.... that rattle is there... I don't know what it is but it doesn't seem to interfere with the razor working properly. The blade adjustment is firm but smooth...the blade alignment is perfect.

I'm not seeing any blue Loctite anywhere.

Edit: I was curious about the little rattle. I disassembled the razor, held the handle with the bottom "knob" pulled out as far as I could... No rattle... push the "knob" in until it bottoms out.. shake.. that little rattle is there. Someone smarter than I am might know what that is. Is there a bushing in there or something. I have no idea.

In any event, the razor adjusts smoothly.. the blade seems secure and the blade gaps are uniform on both sides as you adjust it up and down. The blade reveal is identical side to side...
Thanks for checking! So there are some good ones out there. Just my luck to get a bad one.

Update on the Pearl Flexi I bought off of Amazon storefront.

I contacted Pearl India in order to try to determine if razor I bought was legitimate Flexi since it had issues and was shipped from an apartment in Lawrenceville, GA.

They requested pictures of my invoice, the box it came in and the issues with blade alignment, etc. I sent these and a couple of days later got a response from the business manager Dhara Bhatt.

They said they believed it was legit and based on the serial number was latest version. As to the way it was shipped in just a plain plastic wrap with no protective box. They said "We believe that the scratches the box has, generally occurs during the transit."
Box had a little more than scratches. But Im not giving it as a gift so ok. IMG_0095.jpeg

As to the blue loctite around the top of adjustor knob they said "Plus., The one in middle, Kind of bluish thing is just a Lubricant which is in every unit of Flexi". Maybe it is but it is very solid. I have been able to clean some of it off using some dental floss so willing to roll with that.

As to the rattle: "Also, Rattle sound is common in every version of Flexi.It's just a spring voice that we have inserted in the handle so that's not any issue" Ok, willing to accept that.

What I have a hard time accepting is in regards to the blade gap issues. The response was: "You can press both the sides to adjust the alignment. It has worked most of the time in the problem" In the attached picture I sent to them you can see what I believe causes the issue. On the right side the cap does not fully clamp down the blade to the head.IMG_0084.jpeg
But I guess this is acceptable by their quality control standards.

While I was awaiting a response from India I messaged the seller on Amazon about the issues and in fairness they were pretty quick to say they would approve refund. But at that time I had not heard from India about if it was truly one of their razors or not. So I did not want to let it go. I am debating if I want to see if they will still refund or if I want to play around with Dremel tool on it and see if I can fix top cap not seating properly.

Overall I would still urge caution buying one of these razors from Pearl since they clearly don't have all the gap issues ironed out and basically don't seem to care about QC. Maybe you get lucky and get a good one.

Hope the pictures show properly in this post.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Update on the Pearl Flexi I bought off of Amazon storefront.

I contacted Pearl India in order to try to determine if razor I bought was legitimate Flexi since it had issues and was shipped from an apartment in Lawrenceville, GA.

They requested pictures of my invoice, the box it came in and the issues with blade alignment, etc. I sent these and a couple of days later got a response from the business manager Dhara Bhatt.

They said they believed it was legit and based on the serial number was latest version. As to the way it was shipped in just a plain plastic wrap with no protective box. They said "We believe that the scratches the box has, generally occurs during the transit."
Box had a little more than scratches. But Im not giving it as a gift so ok.View attachment 1560590

As to the blue loctite around the top of adjustor knob they said "Plus., The one in middle, Kind of bluish thing is just a Lubricant which is in every unit of Flexi". Maybe it is but it is very solid. I have been able to clean some of it off using some dental floss so willing to roll with that.

As to the rattle: "Also, Rattle sound is common in every version of Flexi.It's just a spring voice that we have inserted in the handle so that's not any issue" Ok, willing to accept that.

What I have a hard time accepting is in regards to the blade gap issues. The response was: "You can press both the sides to adjust the alignment. It has worked most of the time in the problem" In the attached picture I sent to them you can see what I believe causes the issue. On the right side the cap does not fully clamp down the blade to the head.View attachment 1560600
But I guess this is acceptable by their quality control standards.

While I was awaiting a response from India I messaged the seller on Amazon about the issues and in fairness they were pretty quick to say they would approve refund. But at that time I had not heard from India about if it was truly one of their razors or not. So I did not want to let it go. I am debating if I want to see if they will still refund or if I want to play around with Dremel tool on it and see if I can fix top cap not seating properly.

Overall I would still urge caution buying one of these razors from Pearl since they clearly don't have all the gap issues ironed out and basically don't seem to care about QC. Maybe you get lucky and get a good one.

Hope the pictures show properly in this post.

My Flexi and the vast majority I've heard of have been totally problem free. Yours should be too.

Get a refund. Buy another one from Maggard.

Just my 2 cents.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Funny, I have never wanted nor owned an adjustable. I think because I started out decades back with a straight, thanks to my dad. Got into DE's more because of time constraints. Now weekends are unusually my straight time space, no work! Week nights, it usually DE time. But most of the time I always use two DE's, why? why not! I start will a slant and then bring in DE Closer for touch up/ cleanup. So with a lot of DE's and with a wide range fun hair reduction options, it just became a fun ritual for me. Not to say it also helps the rotation.
So with liking to high tolerance tools, , why an adjustable with a bouncy slinky spring in it. But hey, that is me.
Plus I guess it is good for the economy.
Glad everyone is not like me, the world is plenty nutty enough.

Oh MasterOfSpark, thanks for the updates. Sorry is was not a great experience. Hope you get what you want & more!

.....Cheers BFX .....& yes my point of view is a little slanted....................

Last edited:
I ordered mine from Maggards on Black Friday and it should be here Tomorrow. Great price! Cant wait to try it when I get home from work. The one thing I wish they would do is gold plate a batch. I'm sure they would sell like hot cakes. I've heard that they read these threads so I guess I'm hoping they see my suggestion. :)

Top Bottom