What's new

Pasteur's free shipping going away.

Sorry to hear this.

Free shipping was the primary reason that I tolerated their clunky (to me) website, and product descriptions (lacking) that forced me to research an item elsewhere before returning to buy it from Pastuer.

I understand the decision from a cost perspective, but as a customer Ive lost much of my incentive to shop there.
Free shipping and their Military Discount is what drew me there initially.
They still carry a few things that I can't find elsewhere, but in general they have fallen off as my primary

Sorry to hear this.

Free shipping was the primary reason that I tolerated their clunky (to me) website, and product descriptions (lacking) that forced me to research an item elsewhere before returning to buy it from Pastuer.

I understand the decision from a cost perspective, but as a customer Ive lost much of my incentive to shop there.
Their website may be clunky but at least there are no ads interfering with the use and function of the website.

Their website may be clunky but at least there are no ads interfering with the use and function of the website.
Just yesterday I tried to post here but couldn't from my phone because the ads blocked the buttons.

Back on topic. Even with shipping they still have some good prices and often put really good discount on sale items.

The website may be clunky, but it is focused. I like that if I search for something, I only see things that actually match what I'm looking for. Not like others, where it's "We don't have that, but look at all of this other crap we would like to sell you, even though it has nothing to do with what you wanted."

I also appreciate the great deals on close-outs, and the hard to find or little-known products from Europe. Pasteur's helped me discover some really nice things.

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
These corporations treat help like a number.

Agree, but it kinda works both ways. Certainly not everybody, but seems like more employees now slack on the job, come to work whenever they feel like it, steal from employer, quit without notice, then go file for unemployment.

Not the work ethic I grew up with back in 60's.

$35 minimum for free shipping is still better than some other online vendors requiring $50-60 minimum.

I shipped a cassette tape in one of those small boxes TRC uses via USPS and it cost me almost $6. Shipping has gotten very expensive. I knew it was a matter of time before Pasteurs eliminated free shipping. I will still order from them but will wait for discount coupons since I am a cheap bastard and have way too much soap.
That could have been shipped media mail if it was not blank for quite inexpensively. I use Pirateship.com a lot for shipping razors and soaps, probably save 20-30% on each package and I use UPS ground a lot which is about 60% off.

Reactions: Kix
I like Pasteurs and their vast offering, especially the lesser common brands from Europe.
I was wondering how long it would have lasted, I too have taken advantage of their free shipping on everything, on top of already excellent prices, frequent sales and "frequent buyer program" with points.

Sorry to hear this.

I love Pasteur but I can't stand their web site- it leads to over sold product. Lots of times it's not kept up to date and I'll order something I need along with something I don't need and they refund me the thing I needed after the order was placed. I wouldn't have ordered anything at all had I know they over sold something I wanted. I don't live too far from Pasteur so the shipping is always lightning fast to my door. It will be harder to order from them in the future if they charge shipping and only discount the cost of it.

Top Bottom