What's new

Pasteur's free shipping going away.

I got an email from Pasteur's that says they are ending free shipping for all orders. Starting January 1st only orders of $35 or more will be shipped free.
I'm sorry to hear that but not surprised. I was ordering some blades from them recently and noticed that a shipping charge had been added in the cart. I nixed it and started the process again, thinking it was just a glitch but had the same result. Frankly, I can understand it as a financial necessity. But it's sad to see that great policy go.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Times are hard for many retailers. Shipping and materials costs have risen beyond the ability of many business to absorb the cost. Thankful they are weathering the current times.
Lol, I am just glad it's not runaway inflation causing these current times. Mainstream media tells me every single day that my dollar is just as strong as it was when I was still working for a living back in 2018-ish!

Shipping has become more expensive, and costly. Recall as a kid a letter could be mailed for FOUR CENTS, today it is SIXTY CENTS.

Shipping is not just postage, add box, protection like bubbles, container, tape , address label, and invoice. Plus someone must pack this and make sure it right. NOTHING is FREE not even Air.

The sad part is the shippers now give a half hearted effort. My mail will not run for a couple days. USPS, UPS, Fed ex just laying packages in the drive way in the elements. Losing packages, I have seen a direct coloration in rising cost and lack of effort. There is a lack of pride in their services and they want to be compensated at a premium level for it. I have decided to shop more local, do without or make my own.

The sad part is the shippers now give a half hearted effort. My mail will not run for a couple days. USPS, UPS, Fed ex just laying packages in the drive way in the elements. Losing packages, I have seen a direct coloration in rising cost and lack of effort. There is a lack of pride in their services and they want to be compensated at a premium level for it. I have decided to shop more local, do without or make my own.

Customer Service is just two words, or push # 3. One the the reason people do not care is in many cases, corporation no longer have people or employees. These corporations treat help like a number.

Kind of hard to love your company & care when CEO is make 20 Million a year, and most help is making minimum wade.

Gone are day of retirement plant, luck if you have a 401. gone are days of medical coverage, lucky if you can pay for ACA on own.

Christmas or Holiday Bonus use to be something. most companies did, today they are rare.

I think some of it is people being overworked. A company can provide two day shipping, but someone has to execute it. As quickly as possible. The more items on the truck; the more items tossed in driveways instead of placed on a porch. Meeting a quota to retain a job is more important than proper placement. Doing your best requires time the employer doesn’t allow.

I've always felt kind of bad for taking advantage of their free shipping when I would buy just one soap, like I did a couple of days ago. But not that bad because Pasteur's said, Free Shipping. $35 minimum is low enough and matches what TRC charges.

Well I wouldn't feel bad, as I am sure the company processes lots of orders everyday that are large, it all worked out in past.

Now it $35.00 for the free shipping.

Not sure how long we have been spoiled with free shipping, but it was awesome! Only regret is that i just found out about Pasteurs a couple months ago.

On the bright side it might help us save some money for those of us with a quick trigger. Bought too many things on impulse, where as now I’ll have to group and contemplate until hitting FS.

I shipped a cassette tape in one of those small boxes TRC uses via USPS and it cost me almost $6. Shipping has gotten very expensive. I knew it was a matter of time before Pasteurs eliminated free shipping. I will still order from them but will wait for discount coupons since I am a cheap bastard and have way too much soap.

Sorry to hear this.

Free shipping was the primary reason that I tolerated their clunky (to me) website, and product descriptions (lacking) that forced me to research an item elsewhere before returning to buy it from Pastuer.

I understand the decision from a cost perspective, but as a customer Ive lost much of my incentive to shop there.

Top Bottom