What's new

Past Gun Buys You Are So HAPPY About Now

Do you have a picture of it?
Do you have a picture of it?

Kimber K6s
proxy.php

Now that Kimber has released a DASA with a 3" barrel, that one is on my radar.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Savage 110 Desert Tactical in 6.5 Creedmoor. Have an inexpensive target scope on it. Inexpensive target bolt-action rifle.

My Walther P22.
I liked the look when I was in the showroom. I didn't disassemble it until I went home and cleaned it, and was immediately worried it was going to be an unstable platform. After going to the range and learning what brand and pattern of ammunition it liked. I proceeded to run a couple of hundred rounds without fault. Humm... When I got home and broke it down again the wear dynamics were exactly as the Walther engineers expected. Brilliant!

I still wouldn't want to depend on it if it was to defend my life or those I care for. That said if it was the last chance and at hand, I've got 5 magazines and I'd sure as heck expect to see them fire to good effect.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I bought a five round clip for it...comes with a ten...but when you load the clip...it wobbles some and the amount of clip that protruded from the bottom, I didn't care for. It's a good target rifle.

View attachment 1088136

Very nice. I love that stock. I think Creedmoor in a bolt is where it's at! I agree. I would rather have a pocket full of five round mags for that over the ten rounds. I would love to see some target pics with that, around say 200 yds? :)

JCarr

Very nice. I love that stock. I think Creedmoor in a bolt is where it's at! I agree. I would rather have a pocket full of five round mags for that over the ten rounds. I would love to see some target pics with that, around say 200 yds? :)

Comes with several configurations for the cheek rest portion of the stock that are interchangeable. Kinda neat.

I bought a five round clip for it...comes with a ten...but when you load the clip...it wobbles some and the amount of clip that protruded from the bottom, I didn't care for. It's a good target rifle.

View attachment 1088136
You really can't beat Savage for "off the shelf" accuracy. Years ago I was Rem action only guy, although I never cared for the brazed on bolt handle, and a good friend of mine bought a 110 that was every bit as accurate as my custom built Rem action based rifle for about one fourth the money. I was shocked and a little embarrassed, ever since then I have been for the most part a Savage guy.

JCarr

You really can't beat Savage for "off the shelf" accuracy. Years ago I was Rem action only guy, although I never cared for the brazed on bolt handle, and a good friend of mine bought a 110 that was every bit as accurate as my custom built Rem action based rifle for about one fourth the money. I was shocked and a little embarrassed, ever since then I have been for the most part a Savage guy.

I had a Remington 700 tactical in .223 when I was younger...they make a nice rifle. My nephew has one in .308. I like this Savage though. Was about $150-$200 cheaper than a new Remington 700 tactical.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I had a Remington 700 tactical in .223 when I was younger...they make a nice rifle. My nephew has one in .308. I like this Savage though. Was about $150-$200 cheaper than a new Remington 700 tactical.

I have Remington 700 Police in .308 and a Savage 110 in .270, love them both. :)

I had a Sig P230, which one of my sons the second one (Don) talked me out of. Enter the Sig P232. I was happy when I purchased this handgun and my happiness has only increased over the years. Of all the handguns I have ever owned over the years this is by far the most fun to shoot. It's relatively light, recoil is at a minimum which allows for accurate target acquisition. It's a natural pointer. In fact It's almost like pointing your finger. Accuracy for It's barrel length is surprisingly good. To boot ammo. is cheap and easily found. Overall a great little handgun.
DSCI0511.JPG

One of my favorite modern pistol purchases was this 2008 Sig Sauer P220C on which I placed rosewood grips. Pictured here with my favorite folding blade knife -

P220 with Gerber blade cropped.jpg

I use a Comp-Tac OWB Infidel holster with an FBI-cant that is specifically molded for the P220C. And, yes, I am a Southpaw -
Comp-Tac OWB Infidel holster.jpg

And, best of all, this pistol is a crazy accurate tack-driver. Here is an example of what the pistol can do at 15 yards, when I do my job -

P-220 target.jpg

Tim

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
One of my favorite modern pistol purchases was this 2008 Sig Sauer P220C on which I placed rosewood grips. Pictured here with my favorite folding blade knife -

View attachment 1091070

I use a Comp-Tac OWB Infidel holster with an FBI-cant that is specifically molded for the P220C. And, yes, I am a Southpaw -
View attachment 1091072

And, best of all, this pistol is a crazy accurate tack-driver. Here is an example of what the pistol can do at 15 yards, when I do my job -

View attachment 1091073

Tim
Very, very nice P220s, Tim. In retrospect & in regards to accuracy, 3 pistols really stood out the first time I took them to the range - two HKs, a P7M8 & VP9 and most recently, a P220R. As you said, this pistol (220) is a crazy accurate tack-driver.

I am an experienced hunter and I was always looking for new equipment to make my rifle better. Once I was looking online and I found a website that sells these HD scopes and at first I thought that those are probably not that good. I did some research on them and I decided to buy one. I bought ATN X-Sight 4K BuckHunter 3-14x. It was not to expensive and I would not be so sad if it was crappy, but it turned out to be the best scope I have ever had. It is like you are in a game when you hunt with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very, very nice P220s, Tim. In retrospect & in regards to accuracy, 3 pistols really stood out the first time I took them to the range - two HKs, a P7M8 & VP9 and most recently, a P220R. As you said, this pistol (220) is a crazy accurate tack-driver.
I am far from a sig guy, for my own personal opinionated reasons, but it’s pretty undeniable how well the 220 and the 226 shoot. Having worked in the industry for a good number of years, I always knew I had an amazingly accurate gun in my hand when I picked up a 220 and 226.

Good call on adding the rosewood grips, they look very classy.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
  • Kimber SuperAmerica, .22 Long
  • Volquartsen ultra light, .22 WMR
  • Barnes Bison PCP (air rifle), .57 (makes 600 fpe)
  • Whiscombe JW-80 prototype (air rifle w/all four bbls.: .177; .20; .22; .25)

Top Bottom