What's new

Past Gun Buys You Are So HAPPY About Now

I am really cluttering up the Run on Ammo thread so let's post some victories. May not have seemed like it then but now, boy are you glad you overcome whatever was holding you back and bought an epic piece.

I've got a few -

S&W 52-2

My FFL got one in and told me I should consider getting it. At that time S&W was only coughing them out sporadically. Sometimes months would go by without any made. My guess is that there was only 1 guy still doing the hand fitting. It is classic S&W too, deep polish blue and precision. So I bought it. It shoots ridiculously well, I actually look like I know what I am doing with it. I don't it's the gun, X-ring on .38 wadcutter ammo. Web pic -

proxy.php

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Marlin Camp Carbine in .45 ACP. Odd. Rare. Cool.

I baby it; know it's foibles. Anybody wants to shoot .45s at 120 yds, I'll go first!

Boom!

(Put down the gun, pick up binocs)

Whack!

AA

I guess my favorite is the Ruger GP100 Match Champion .357 Magnum Revolver. It can use tame .38 Special ammunition or man-stopping magnum loads, or the +P loads in between. The hammer can be cocked and then fired in single-action mode, or it can be used in double action mode with less chance of unintentional firing due to a heavier trigger pull. It does not have a magazine, so it is legal anywhere firearms are permitted. Even if semi-auto guns and rifles are prohibited one day, a revolver is likely to be permissible alongside double-barrel shotguns and lever action rifles.

The Ruger P-series. They're all great and no longer made.
Saiga 12.
Any Sig with a metal frame and hammer. I love all-metal guns.
Beretta 92 Brigadier.
Remington 700 that I highly accurized.
Thompson "Chicago Typewriter".
Marlin 7000.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
You spoke of the AUG. I’m happy to have grabbed this. A PC .40 is a hoot to shoot. Solidly in step with a Sig P-229, in .40...one I reckon I will keep always.

View attachment 1077358
Not a past buy as I didn't know the history of it at the time but my father had an AUG as a boat gun. I'm not 100% but knowing him I think it might have been a transferable sample and he bought it before I was in high school so pre-'86. Wish I would have had a shot at it...

SWMBO was a firearms dealer in the 80's, and 90's. Mostly old and customs guns. I don't even remember most of the amazing things we found. We would travel the US and stop at every gun shop we came across. This was way before the internet. Gunlist, which was published weekly and delivered via USPS, was about the only non in person venue.

Putting some thought.... I would have to say a 1880's Maynard 3 barrel schuetzen set in a French fitted case. Exibition quality wood and engraved metal. I do not believe any of the barrels had been fired. The calibers were all proprietary Manyard rimfire.

This was back in the "film days" and I never scanned the shots. No point as I have not seen another one like that.

Can't even come across an image on the internet.

It must be buried deep in someone's collection as it has not resurfaced.

Being from a farm i don’t know much but i have a Remington 870 i bought for $80 when i was younger. Love it. Would love to buy a good pistol though

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
All of them.

But there are still a few that I just giggle when I get to take them out again. The Colt 1903s and Smith N frames and Colt D & E frame revolvers.

Top Bottom