What's new

Paradigm Ti 2

In terms of price it's definitely one of the higher priced razors out there so it did give me a momentary pause before I purchased one of the Ti2's during the first release. It's a good amount of money after all but these do tend to hold their value, so there's that to consider. I don't sell the ones that I really like but I suspect that if I wanted to sell it now (I don't) that I could easily be made whole again or maybe even profit on it.

I also had the same feeling when I bought my BBS-1 for two hundred and twenty five dollars or so. It was a lot for a razor at the time and I was wondering if I would regret it. Needless to say I don't.

In terms of price it's definitely one of the higher priced razors out there so it did give me a momentary pause before I purchased one of the Ti2's during the first release. It's a good amount of money after all but these do tend to hold their value, so there's that to consider. I don't sell the ones that I really like but I suspect that if I wanted to sell it now (I don't) that I could easily be made whole again or maybe even profit on it.

I also had the same feeling when I bought my BBS-1 for two hundred and twenty five dollars or so. It was a lot for a razor at the time and I was wondering if I would regret it. Needless to say I don't.

You are killing me with the BBS1 talk, I've wanted one of those and the Tradere too! Friends who have/had them have dampened my enthusiasm, a little. If I find either/both at a decent deal, I'll jump.

Resale value is indeed a factor in deciding what to buy. That's one reason why I find this hobby fun. There is a lot of $$$ hanging on my wall but I'm pretty sure I could dump every bit of it in a weeks time and net a profit. At least that's what I tell my wife.

To each his own.

Bottom line is polished titanium razors are expensive. The same finish from wolfman is more than the paradigm fwiw.

I've had my eye on the SE and I'm waiting on that one to be released. I have been looking at the photos of the upcoming SE and of course they are all I can go by but based on the photos I have a couple of concerns and those are: Is the head seems to be large for a AC razor. Also going by the limited number of photos it almost has the appearance of the Blackland Sabre which is a Gem blade razor where you have to use an almost flat to the face angle as you would with any Gem blade razor to get the most out of it. So is it just the photos that makes it look extra large lets say compared to the Asylum RX or Cobra Classic for example? Your a lucky man to have had a chance to shave with the Prototype.

The way the blade and top cap are secured necessitate a larger head from from to back of the base plate. It’s not, however, much wider than a SE1 and certainly is not much of an issue when shaving. Under the nose is the only real area where I even noticed it.

The photo on the paradigm site does make it look larger than it is. If you have Instagram check out Grooming Dept Page. He has quite a few pics of it on there.

And yes! I consider myself extremely fortunate to be able to have used one. It was fantastic in aluminum. Can’t wait for ti. I was pleased to hear an aluminum version is coming as well. I will likely pick one up for a travel razor.

Another one to watch for is the new Blackland AC. It should be out late August/sept (I think) and is REMARKABLE. Going to be a great end of the year for artist club fans!

For me, in the AC blade style razors, the King Cobra and the ATT SE1 are the two that have remained after trying about everything available. I'm looking forward to the Paradigm and Blackland versions to see how they compare.

The Ti2 for me is like a slightly milder version of the Paradigm 17-4. An exceptional combination of smoothness and efficiency. The handles are like art that has been inspired by architecture.

I reach for this razor often and I have it sitting next to others from Charcoal Goods and Wolfman as well as many other high end hard to get razors.

As far as what else it shaves like it's hard to say. More aggressive than a Timeless .68 and less aggressive than a Charcoal Good Lvl2 plate, but with some excellent efficiency. Very little to no blade feel but really excellent shaves. So think smooth while still being very efficient. Nothing else that I've tried is the exact same.

The workmanship is exceptional.
Sorry sir I do not understand that: how can the TI II be more agressive than a Timeless .68 but you do not feel the blade?

Sorry sir I do not understand that: how can the TI II be more agressive than a Timeless .68 but you do not feel the blade?

I've shaved with many razors including some very aggressive ones for years. There are different levels of aggression for me. The Timeless .68 almost feels like there's no blade in the razor. Sometimes the only way I know that it's cutting it the crunching sound it makes as it chops down the stubble. It's the most comfortable razor I've ever shaved with.

With the Ti2 I do feel the blade in the razor to a very small degree, but it's nowhere near the blade feel that I get from say an ATT H series razor for example. Think of the ATT H series razor where you know that if you slip up you'll see some red where it doesn't belong. With the Ti2 a little carelessness you might well get away with. Still very, very comfortable to shave with though.

The reason I used to use the more aggressive razors is because they were more efficient (to give me a closer shave with less work on my part). The sacrifice there was comfort as shaves weren't as enjoyable and I'd get some irritation from time to time, even with very good technique. The razors that really shine to me, at this point, are the ones that are exceptionally smooth and comfortable to shave with while still being very efficient. Those are the ones I seek out now. Timeless, Paradigm, Charcoal Good and Blackland are all exceptional in this regard.

Think of the Timeless .68 as being smoother but less efficient as the Paradigm Ti2. So the Timeless shaves are slightly more comfortable but I have to do a bit more touch up to get a perfect shave. The Ti2 is still incredibly comfortable, in fact one of the more comfortable razors that I own, but not quite as comfortable as the Timeless. That being said there is a bit less touch up is required for perfection with the Ti2. So a slight trade off there making them a bit different from one another.

I hope this helps, again just my personal experience that might differ from someone else's.

Thank you sir, I understand. Please tell me can you compare the Paradigm with the Timeless Bronze? Are this two razors similar? Or similar to the Feather AS-D2? One question more: what is about the Timeless .68 titanium? Is is still smoother than the stainless steel?

Thank you sir, I understand. Please tell me can you compare the Paradigm with the Timeless Bronze? Are this two razors similar? Or similar to the Feather AS-D2? One question more: what is about the Timeless .68 titanium? Is is still smoother than the stainless steel?

Sorry, I haven't tried them all and the Timeless Bronze is one that I've never tried. I've wanted to but just haven't pulled the trigger on that one. Some say that it's a bit too mild in SB and a bit too aggressive in OC. Still I'd have to try them in order to give a proper comparison.

I have tried a Feather AS-D2 and I didn't care for it at all so I can tell you that the Paradigm is nothing like the Feather razor. With the efficiency that the Paradigm's have they're more like smoother versions of the Blackland razors. Still efficient but smoother with a good deal less blade feel. With the Feather it's smooth but it's not efficient at all for me. Despite my best efforts I couldn't get a really good shave from it and I didn't enjoy shaving with it at all.

The Timeless .68 Titanium is another I'd be interested in trying. I haven't purchased one as I own the same razor in stainless steel and figured that it was similar. I've heard that it's a bit smoother due to it's lighter weight. I assumed that the additional weight with the .68 was probably a good thing since the razor is so mild. Anyway, it's one that I'd like to try at some point to possibly replace my .68 stainless with the titanium version.

At one point I had all 3 Paradigm’s. The original Ti was the most aggressive with blade feel near the level of a blackbird but is very smooth. The 17-4 is the smoothest/ efficient combination of any razor I own. The Ti2 gave me a shave slightly smoother and slightly less efficient than the 17-4 but it was very close so I sold the Ti2 because I found myself reaching for one of the other 2 most of the time.

I have a 17-4 but not the Ti. I had both Timeless bronze razors. The SB was simply too mild. The .78OC was much more efficient but I didn't care for the face feel. The tooth profile was kinda square and just didn't work for me.

On my face, there is no question the 17-4 and Ti by extension is a superior razor. Much, much more efficient and considerably smoother. The Paradigm cuts much closer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I do not shave every day, perhaps all three or four day and I like the Feather AS-D2, the Timeless bronze and the Genesis Oneblade very much. The Timeless .68 I am not so sure under the nose and I think it is a bit heavy for me. Perhaps the longer handle should be changed. But I think the Paradigm could be too similar to the .68?

The 17-4 I have wins on all accounts. Please don't get me wrong though, the Timeless bronze is one of my faves and use it in the rotation. It's a fine DE, smooth and efficient, only slightly less smooth than the 17-4 and a notch less efficient.

I adore the Ti2. From the sound of it you will too. They come up on bst from those who like very aggressive shavers

I bought mine from a friend who enjoys the timeless.95 more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Timeless .95 I use very seldom, is too agressive for me. I can not try the Paradogm ti II because I do not know someone in Germany that owns one. For today I look with one eye to the Timeless ti .68. who knows what is tomorrow?

I just received my Paradigm Ti 2 today from Bullgoose Shaving. However, Paradigm is releasing their allotment Friday, August 3rd at 9:00 AM EDT to US addresses only.

Top Bottom