What's new

Paradigm Ti 2

But if the Paradigm is smoother perhaps you must buy a second one and send one to Germany, as friend, then it would be without taxes.

That would not be without tax:

Zoll online - Geschenksendungen

In the worst case, when the customs won't find a declaration or bill, you will have to pick it up from them yourself and proof the value of the "gift". And with the value of the Paradigm... they still have to believe you, that you really got it for free.

:))
That makes sense... as long as he doesn't carry more of these presents with him. But up to a few hundred dollars it should be fine ;).

Kyproset, which Timeless Bronze are you comparing to the Ti 2 as being as smooth, and almost as efficient? - Are we talking the original Bronze or the .78 Bronze OC. I tried the OC and it was beast, and smooth is something I wouldn't have used to describe it. Now if the original Bronze is that efficient, I may need to order a bottom plate for a relaxed shave on days I'm not looking or need the efficiency of my 95 OC.

Thanks

Cool, thank you

So i shaved with both the Paradigm Ti 2 and the Timeless SS 0.68 SB this morning, each on half my face. It was my first shave with either of the razors. However, in full disclosure 5 of my last 6 shaves have been with the Timeless SS 0.95 SB or 0.95 SCL. My first shave with the Timeless 0.95 SB a little over a week ago was not great but I have enjoyed the last 4 shaves with the SB and SCL.

Today I enjoyed both razors and both shaves. I did a 3 pass shave (WTG, XTG ear to nose, and ATG), but wish I had done a 4 pass for a BBS as I have a little stubble when running my hand nose to ear. However, I received minimal irritation (which is difficult for me) and only one weeper on the ATG. I found the Timeless SS 0.68 SB to be smoother and more efficient. I had almost not blade feel on the Timeless and felt that they first pass mowed down more of my 1 day growth. There was significant stubble still remaining after the first pass of the Paradigm Ti 2. The Paradigm also had significant blade feel. More like the Timeless SS 0.95, maybe a little bit more. I liked the weight of the Timeless SS 0.68 however, the Ti of the Paradigm was extremely maneuverable. Now again to be fair, this is my first shave with a Paradigm and I may experience a learning curve as I did with the Timeless. I enjoyed both and will continue to use both through some rotation, although more likely week to week than switching up each shave. However, if you forced me to decide today, I would say I could be happy with the Timeless SS 0.68 SB and the Timeless SS 0.95 SCL. However, my opinion may change with additional time with each razor and of course YMMV.

I am very excited to have both razors and will be holding on to both for a while. They are different shaves, but I can enjoy both of them. I have been upgrading my shave gear recently and have some other nice razors to work through. We'll see what sticks and if anything ends up on the B/S/T in a couple of months. I am no professional reviewer and others here give much better reviews, but I hope my experience helps. Thanks.

Attachments

• Paradigm Ti 2 vs Timeless SS 68 SB.jpeg
    Paradigm Ti 2 vs Timeless SS 68 SB.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
Which blade did you use? I am surprised you felt the need of 4 pass. It seems that those razors are not very efficient for your beard.

Which blade did you use? I am surprised you felt the need of 4 pass. It seems that those razors are not very efficient for your beard.

Sorry, it's in the image, but I used fresh Polsilver in both. I will probably try a Feather next, but being the first shave I went safe. And I got a DFS. I usually only do a 2 pass shave. However, I felt that the Paradigm Ti 2 would benefit from a 3rd pass. I wish I had chosen XTG nose to ear for the 3rd or done all 4 just for the comparison. It's mainly under the chin that is worst. I only get any catch when I run my hand or a tissue nose to ear. More the user, not the razors. Both shaves are perfectly fine for my normal use.

And I really enjoyed the Formula T Babershop soap. First use as well.

Last edited:
but the more efficient a razor is, the more aggressive it is most

I would pick the Timeless SS 0.95 SCL for the more efficient. These had similar efficiency, just different. The Paradigm head was more aggressive, but the Timeless SS 0.68 SB benefited from the weight. First pass I'd give the edge to the Timeless. After a second pass or third pass, I'd say they were pretty even. The Timeless SS 0.68 SB was definitely smoother for my first shave with both of them. Time will tell. I'm sure I will hone in my technique with each of them.

I like the .68 very much and the .95 I do not use often. Sometimes I think the .68 would be a little better for me if it were a little lighter. Perhaps a shorter handle or the titanium one.

Mine is at home and will be used tomorrow. Had a very nice shave with my BBS-1 today so I'll be ready in the am. Since it ships with Polsilver I guess that will be the initial blade and plan plan on some ADP for sickness. It will be good I'm sure,

I like the .68 very much and the .95 I do not use often. Sometimes I think the .68 would be a little better for me if it were a little lighter. Perhaps a shorter handle or the titanium one.

If you are looking for a lighter razor with more blade feel then the Paradigm might be exactly what you are looking for.

So i shaved with both the Paradigm Ti 2 and the Timeless SS 0.68 SB this morning, each on half my face. It was my first shave with either of the razors. However, in full disclosure 5 of my last 6 shaves have been with the Timeless SS 0.95 SB or 0.95 SCL. My first shave with the Timeless 0.95 SB a little over a week ago was not great but I have enjoyed the last 4 shaves with the SB and SCL.

Today I enjoyed both razors and both shaves. I did a 3 pass shave (WTG, XTG ear to nose, and ATG), but wish I had done a 4 pass for a BBS as I have a little stubble when running my hand nose to ear. However, I received minimal irritation (which is difficult for me) and only one weeper on the ATG. I found the Timeless SS 0.68 SB to be smoother and more efficient. I had almost not blade feel on the Timeless and felt that they first pass mowed down more of my 1 day growth. There was significant stubble still remaining after the first pass of the Paradigm Ti 2. The Paradigm also had significant blade feel. More like the Timeless SS 0.95, maybe a little bit more. I liked the weight of the Timeless SS 0.68 however, the Ti of the Paradigm was extremely maneuverable. Now again to be fair, this is my first shave with a Paradigm and I may experience a learning curve as I did with the Timeless. I enjoyed both and will continue to use both through some rotation, although more likely week to week than switching up each shave. However, if you forced me to decide today, I would say I could be happy with the Timeless SS 0.68 SB and the Timeless SS 0.95 SCL. However, my opinion may change with additional time with each razor and of course YMMV.

I am very excited to have both razors and will be holding on to both for a while. They are different shaves, but I can enjoy both of them. I have been upgrading my shave gear recently and have some other nice razors to work through. We'll see what sticks and if anything ends up on the B/S/T in a couple of months. I am no professional reviewer and others here give much better reviews, but I hope my experience helps. Thanks.
Very nice review of your first shave

If you are looking for a lighter razor with more blade feel then the Paradigm might be exactly what you are looking for.

I like razor like the Timeless Bronze sb, the Feather AS-D2, the Genesis Oneblade, smooth razors, but I do not like much blade Feeling - then I dont watch out enough and that is not good for me :)

Top Bottom