What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Panzermeister Dave's Models.

Some of you read my first post in Dec "Hello everyone". I stated that I build models as a hobby. Some of you asked to see photos of my work. It took my some time because I did not know how to post photos. I am not to tech smart. Anyhow, my brother emailed some photos of the present that I sent him. P2080055 (1).jpg

I hope that I am doing this right. In my first post in Dec 10 titled "Hello Everyone" some of you asked to see photos of my models. I just learned out how to post photos because I am not to tech smart. Anyhow, I have posted photos that my brother took of the B 17 I sent him as a gift. I will post more photos when I can use my friend/roommate's smart phone. Anyhow, this message is especially for @TexOkie Shaver , @Schnitzel52 , and @FarmerTan .
P.S @RanTan the Cool , I need big nurse! My God man I have bought a Dovo Bismarck Straight. I am sinking deeper into the rabbit hole! 😜 :tank: This post is in the Darkroom section.

Big nurse can be found here:

But be careful what you wish for. You might just get it.

Big nurse can be found here:

But be careful what you wish for. You might just get it.
I think I might have M.A.D.. For example, I used to think that I would just find one shave soap and stick with it. But now I have 3 that I use, I must have some more...…….And then I bought a straight. But did I get a cheap one to start with. A newbie with any sense would have gone this route. O no, I got myself a Dovo Bismarck!
😁:eek2: I only hope big nurse can help. Big nurse please be gentle with me!

I think I might have M.A.D.. For example, I used to think that I would just find one shave soap and stick with it. But now I have 3 that I use, I must have some more...…….And then I bought a straight. But did I get a cheap one to start with. A newbie with any sense would have gone this route. O no, I got myself a Dovo Bismarck!
😁:eek2: I only hope big nurse can help. Big nurse please be gentle with me!
120E9056-D978-4C46-8832-A29C1B520471.jpeg

Nice paint job. It looks realistic. Was this made from a kit or from scratch? If it was a kit, what brand was the kit?
This was a old Revell kit from 1990. A friend ordered it from E-Bay. It is 1/48 scale, the wingspan is over 2 feet. I built it right out of the box. Other than the painting the only thing I added was bullet holes using a X-acto knife. It was so old that the decals were a pain.

Vintage 1990 Revell kit.
That’s even more impressive. I figured you were going to say Tamaya or one of the other high end kits.

When I was a kid, back in the late 50’s and early 60’s, Revell and Monogram made some great kits that fit together with a minimum amount of trimming and cleanup. The last one I assembled back in the 80’s was sadly deficient. That you were able to build this from a Recell kit from that time period testifies to your skill with an Xacto knife and modeling cement. My hat is off to you sir!

That’s even more impressive. I figured you were going to say Tamaya or one of the other high end kits.

When I was a kid, back in the late 50’s and early 60’s, Revell and Monogram made some great kits that fit together with a minimum amount of trimming and cleanup. The last one I assembled back in the 80’s was sadly deficient. That you were able to build this from a Recell kit from that time period testifies to your skill with an Xacto knife and modeling cement. My hat is off to you sir!
Thank you sir! This kit had a lot of cleanup. Big gaps at the wing joints that had to be filled with putty and sanded. Huge gap were the cockpit is. I love Tamiya kits, even their old molds are still the best bang for your buck. The tanks that I have built from them are really great as far as ease of assembly and detail. Oh, I did have to build a piece from scratch. The L shaped pitot tube underneath the nose broke off and I could not find it. So I had to carve and shape one from scrape plastic.
If the weather is sunny out tomorrow, I will take some photos of the tanks and a Dragon[from the 1981 movie Dragonslayer] that I have done. Then I will post them.
I like the building part, but my favorite is painting. Especially wear and weathering. I use photos of the real thing for reference. :001_smile :tank:

Thank you sir! This kit had a lot of cleanup. Big gaps at the wing joints that had to be filled with putty and sanded. Huge gap were the cockpit is. I love Tamiya kits, even their old molds are still the best bang for your buck. The tanks that I have built from them are really great as far as ease of assembly and detail. Oh, I did have to build a piece from scratch. The L shaped pitot tube underneath the nose broke off and I could not find it. So I had to carve and shape one from scrape plastic.
If the weather is sunny out tomorrow, I will take some photos of the tanks and a Dragon[from the 1981 movie Dragonslayer] that I have done. Then I will post them.
I like the building part, but my favorite is painting. Especially wear and weathering. I use photos of the real thing for reference. :001_smile :tank:
I know this my be TMI, but since you have built models before, you may appreciate that I had to paint the yellow tips on the props freehand. They did not have any raised molded guidelines like most WW 2 aircraft kits do! Sometimes I have a hard time painting small stuff. I get the shakes every now and then.

Top Bottom