What's new

Panzermeister Dave's Models.

Some of you read my first post in Dec "Hello everyone". I stated that I build models as a hobby. Some of you asked to see photos of my work. It took my some time because I did not know how to post photos. I am not to tech smart. Anyhow, my brother emailed some photos of the present that I sent him.
P2080055 (1).jpg

I hope that I am doing this right. In my first post in Dec 10 titled "Hello Everyone" some of you asked to see photos of my models. I just learned out how to post photos because I am not to tech smart. Anyhow, I have posted photos that my brother took of the B 17 I sent him as a gift. I will post more photos when I can use my friend/roommate's smart phone. Anyhow, this message is especially for @TexOkie Shaver , @Schnitzel52 , and @FarmerTan .
P.S @RanTan the Cool , I need big nurse! My God man I have bought a Dovo Bismarck Straight. I am sinking deeper into the rabbit hole! 😜 :tank: This post is in the Darkroom section.

Big nurse can be found here:

But be careful what you wish for. You might just get it.

Big nurse can be found here:

But be careful what you wish for. You might just get it.
I think I might have M.A.D.. For example, I used to think that I would just find one shave soap and stick with it. But now I have 3 that I use, I must have some more...…….And then I bought a straight. But did I get a cheap one to start with. A newbie with any sense would have gone this route. O no, I got myself a Dovo Bismarck!
😁:eek2: I only hope big nurse can help. Big nurse please be gentle with me!

I think I might have M.A.D.. For example, I used to think that I would just find one shave soap and stick with it. But now I have 3 that I use, I must have some more...…….And then I bought a straight. But did I get a cheap one to start with. A newbie with any sense would have gone this route. O no, I got myself a Dovo Bismarck!
😁:eek2: I only hope big nurse can help. Big nurse please be gentle with me!
120E9056-D978-4C46-8832-A29C1B520471.jpeg

Nice paint job. It looks realistic. Was this made from a kit or from scratch? If it was a kit, what brand was the kit?
This was a old Revell kit from 1990. A friend ordered it from E-Bay. It is 1/48 scale, the wingspan is over 2 feet. I built it right out of the box. Other than the painting the only thing I added was bullet holes using a X-acto knife. It was so old that the decals were a pain.

Vintage 1990 Revell kit.
That’s even more impressive. I figured you were going to say Tamaya or one of the other high end kits.

When I was a kid, back in the late 50’s and early 60’s, Revell and Monogram made some great kits that fit together with a minimum amount of trimming and cleanup. The last one I assembled back in the 80’s was sadly deficient. That you were able to build this from a Recell kit from that time period testifies to your skill with an Xacto knife and modeling cement. My hat is off to you sir!

That’s even more impressive. I figured you were going to say Tamaya or one of the other high end kits.

When I was a kid, back in the late 50’s and early 60’s, Revell and Monogram made some great kits that fit together with a minimum amount of trimming and cleanup. The last one I assembled back in the 80’s was sadly deficient. That you were able to build this from a Recell kit from that time period testifies to your skill with an Xacto knife and modeling cement. My hat is off to you sir!
Thank you sir! This kit had a lot of cleanup. Big gaps at the wing joints that had to be filled with putty and sanded. Huge gap were the cockpit is. I love Tamiya kits, even their old molds are still the best bang for your buck. The tanks that I have built from them are really great as far as ease of assembly and detail. Oh, I did have to build a piece from scratch. The L shaped pitot tube underneath the nose broke off and I could not find it. So I had to carve and shape one from scrape plastic.
If the weather is sunny out tomorrow, I will take some photos of the tanks and a Dragon[from the 1981 movie Dragonslayer] that I have done. Then I will post them.
I like the building part, but my favorite is painting. Especially wear and weathering. I use photos of the real thing for reference. :001_smile :tank:

Thank you sir! This kit had a lot of cleanup. Big gaps at the wing joints that had to be filled with putty and sanded. Huge gap were the cockpit is. I love Tamiya kits, even their old molds are still the best bang for your buck. The tanks that I have built from them are really great as far as ease of assembly and detail. Oh, I did have to build a piece from scratch. The L shaped pitot tube underneath the nose broke off and I could not find it. So I had to carve and shape one from scrape plastic.
If the weather is sunny out tomorrow, I will take some photos of the tanks and a Dragon[from the 1981 movie Dragonslayer] that I have done. Then I will post them.
I like the building part, but my favorite is painting. Especially wear and weathering. I use photos of the real thing for reference. :001_smile :tank:
I know this my be TMI, but since you have built models before, you may appreciate that I had to paint the yellow tips on the props freehand. They did not have any raised molded guidelines like most WW 2 aircraft kits do! Sometimes I have a hard time painting small stuff. I get the shakes every now and then.

Top Bottom