What's new

Order Info - B&B Limited Edition 2008....

Don't want to be a jerk, but I'm rather astonished that people are/were having trouble with this. You buy a gift certificate. It's not rocket science. It's no different that buying something else. Click, fill-in info, click again. Did you get mailed a cert? Did you submit your order before the cutoff time? Yes? Then all is well.

Andrew,
That sir, is and out and out lie. I responded to your email and gave you instructions on what you needed to do to get a refund. I told you many times, you needed to get in contact with Nick, as he is the one who has the ability to refund/etc.

(There was no order page FYI - merely the ability to purchase a gift certificate, however since so many people did not follow the instructions and ordered the brushes late, Nick disabled the ability to purchase gift certfificates, which apparently was a PITA)
And I followed your instructions, Joel, but after several emails to Nick, still haven't heard anything back. That's what's frustrating. Maybe you could contact him and ask him to contact me, I would appreciate that.

And I followed your instructions, Joel, but after several emails to Nick, still haven't heard anything back. That's what's frustrating. Maybe you could contact him and ask him to contact me, I would appreciate that.

Andrew, Nick is out of town this week. Please be patient and I'm sure he will get back to you.

I don't even know who you are, and never received an email from you. IF you need a refund - PM Nick.

I sent you a PM regarding a possible shipping address change after the order was placed. Simple question, really, that doesn't warrant an identity exchange. If I want a refund, I'll send whoever is in charge of that area an email and order number, with a screen shot of my receipt.

Don't want to be a jerk, but I'm rather astonished that people are/were having trouble with this. You buy a gift certificate. It's not rocket science. It's no different that buying something else. Click, fill-in info, click again. Did you get mailed a cert? Did you submit your order before the cutoff time? Yes? Then all is well.

I don't want to be a jerk either, but the check out procedure isn't necessarily your usual amazon.com one-click check out. After I placed my order, I emailed [email protected] with a screen shot of my invoice and order# to be sure if it was done correctly. Never received a response.

I just assumed they're busy, since this isn't a well oiled Fortune 500 company, but a "fan" run operation who is trying to bring excellent quality, low-priced brush to the masses, I never thought much of it. I'm not afraid of fraud because I believe these individuals are upstanding gentlemen, but assurance after placing an order is basic etiquette if one inquired about the order.

My inquiry about my order isn't about fraud detection; it's more about not wanting unnecessary delays in getting the brush. I believe that this is a great brush, and I want it in my hands ASAP.:lol:

Just my 2 Olympic Yuan.

Gentlemen--and I use that term advisedly, we are all on this forum because we share some common interests. What started out as a means whereby a truly first rate shaving brush could be acquired for a reasonable price has turned into a bit of unpleasantness and acrimony.
My friends, our moderators are working hard to keep this forum going, and a few of them are working especially hard to provide this extra service for us. I, too, am one who spent $150, I have a gift certificate number, etc., but I must confess that the ordering process was so convoluted that even at this point I'm truly not certain whether I'll ever get a brush or simply a certificate for $150.
Let's understand that those who spent money have a legitimate concern. Before we launch into ad hominem attacks, using words that should not be found on a gentlemen's forum, can I make an appeal to reason: Is it possible for us to come up with a list of those names who have successfully ordered the brush? I would be willing to donate some time to help this along. if a few of us do it, we could have that list out in a day or so. We could then publish the list so that everyone could see who managed to navigate successfully through the maze. Those who thought they did, but somehow didn't would then have the chance to order, or produce a receipt showing that they did, and the thing could somehow be straightened out. In a few days, we should have this worked out and the acrimony can come to an end.
By all means, let us all comport ourselves like gentlemen and resolve this to the benefit of all concerned.
thanks,

Gentlemen--and I use that term advisedly, we are all on this forum because we share some common interests. What started out as a means whereby a truly first rate shaving brush could be acquired for a reasonable price has turned into a bit of unpleasantness and acrimony.
My friends, our moderators are working hard to keep this forum going, and a few of them are working especially hard to provide this extra service for us. I, too, am one who spent $150, I have a gift certificate number, etc., but I must confess that the ordering process was so convoluted that even at this point I'm truly not certain whether I'll ever get a brush or simply a certificate for $150.
Let's understand that those who spent money have a legitimate concern. Before we launch into ad hominem attacks, using words that should not be found on a gentlemen's forum, can I make an appeal to reason: Is it possible for us to come up with a list of those names who have successfully ordered the brush? I would be willing to donate some time to help this along. if a few of us do it, we could have that list out in a day or so. We could then publish the list so that everyone could see who managed to navigate successfully through the maze. Those who thought they did, but somehow didn't would then have the chance to order, or produce a receipt showing that they did, and the thing could somehow be straightened out. In a few days, we should have this worked out and the acrimony can come to an end.
By all means, let us all comport ourselves like gentlemen and resolve this to the benefit of all concerned.
thanks,

A lot of people who purchased the brush (or multiple) specifically requested that it not be made public - some are getting them for loved ones as gifts, etc.

The way the shopping cart system works - it can't really generate such a list. It's been stated many times... if you have a gift certificate, you have a brush.

Frankly this was a much bigger PITA than I had envisioned, and it's certainly not something i'd want to do again.

A lot of people who purchased the brush (or multiple) specifically requested that it not be made public - some are getting them for loved ones as gifts, etc.

The way the shopping cart system works - it can't really generate such a list. It's been stated many times... if you have a gift certificate, you have a brush.

Frankly this was a much bigger PITA than I had envisioned, and it's certainly not something i'd want to do again.
I'm afraid you're right, Joel, and I'm sorry it's turned out that way, because what started out as one more valuable service that you've rendered to forum members has clearly left a bad taste in your mouth. Let's hope this thing settles down, and in time you'll realize that despite all the garbage, you really did something good (again!), and it won't be long before the next truly fabulous offer comes down the pike.
in appreciation for all that you do,

I'm afraid you're right, Joel, and I'm sorry it's turned out that way, because what started out as one more valuable service that you've rendered to forum members has clearly left a bad taste in your mouth. Let's hope this thing settles down, and in time you'll realize that despite all the garbage, you really did something good (again!), and it won't be long before the next truly fabulous offer comes down the pike.
in appreciation for all that you do,

I second this. Andrew and Headshaver, keep in mind that the guys doing this brush order are doing for free, as a labor of love. Think about it...we are getting a Kent brush with triple the density of hair and hair that is beyond the grade of a regular BK4. All of that for $150, shipped. This is all possible because Nick and Joel gave freely of their time. I don't want to join in on the Nick and Joel suck-up love fest (at least, it seems like that sometimes) but they did a great service for us, and we should thank them and leave it at that. Sure, the process was not as simple as buying from Amazon, but as you rightly point out, this is not Amazon. It is what it is, and I just accept it and move on.
Thanks Joel and Nick for doing this.
Ryan

I don't want to join in on the Nick and Joel suck-up love fest (at least, it seems like that sometimes) but they did a great service for us, and we should thank them and leave it at that. Sure, the process was not as simple as buying from Amazon, but as you rightly point out, this is not Amazon. It is what it is, and I just accept it and move on.
Thanks Joel and Nick for doing this.

+3. Amen.

"MANGE"??!

Oh that would be a HORRIBLE condition for the B&B 2008 LE. :lol:

This unfortunate creature without that terrible condition would otherwise be known as a Black Bear.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
You definitely aren't alone. Unfortunately it is a huge PIA for Joel/Nick. Hopefully they find a better way to make it easier for them to manage the process.

If memory serves, we (that is, you guys) saved a nice chunk of change by having B&B (Nick & Joel) do the shipping &c rather than Kent shipping out directly. Let's not bust their balls because the process was rather convoluted and we don't get a hand-delivered personally-engraved confirmation note. :001_rolle

Let's not bust their balls because the process was rather convoluted and we don't get a hand-delivered personally-engraved confirmation note. :001_rolle
You mean, you DIDN'T get a hand-delivered personally-engraved confirmation note? Because I did. It was lovely. No, strike that. Stunning.

As I recall, we were told on the front end that the order process would be somewhat cumbersome. No complaints here; just looking forward to the brush! :smile:

V

VR6ofpain

It's been stated many times... if you have a gift certificate, you have a brush.
Sweet! Seriously though I am still really looking forward to this brush. That knot looks perfect for soaps.

I heard that everyone who purchased a brush also receives a 12 month subscription to the jelly of the month club. After all, it is the gift that keeps on giving. I missed out...looking for to the next round if we don't tick off the folks who cordinate these efforts.

Top Bottom