Shavemac Knot size 21mm, Loft size 50mm, D01 Silvertip

Sweet as

proxy.php

proxy.php

Lather you could eat...

proxy.php

(With special thanks to my Mum and Dad,
To my favourite suppliers
Bernd at Shavemac, Gillette, Penhaligons and Lori at Georgetown Pottery for the gear
And
to Jim at Vintage Blades and Copperhead who made sure I got the Pens BB and the Fatboy
and...
to B&B for teaching me how to shave and making this amazing experience real).

I'm off to use the lather..:biggrin:

Cheers

Last edited:
My custom shavemac with initials in the faux horn handle, D01 hair, 20mm knot, and 48mm loft. I was looking at the Rooney 2/1 but when the group buy came along I couldn't pass it up. And I was right!

I have the same D01 brush, different handle. It is awesome, for sure.

By the way, that's not the way you hang the brush in that stand. Try flipping it over. ;)

If you're asking my opinion, I don't think it could be one brush. I suppose I'd pick the same one as you. I have my D01 brush and an Omega 31064 boar. I'm still breaking it in though, so it doesn't shine quite yet. I tried using it last night with AOS lavender cream, and the lather was underwhelming. I typically use boar with soap, but I just thought I'd give a cream a try.

Last edited:
Rooney 3/1, Rooney 1/1, Rooney Alibaba or D01 Shavemac. Either one of those would be fine with me for the rest of my life.

By the way, that's not the way you hang the brush in that stand. Try flipping it over. ;)

If you're asking my opinion, I don't think it could be one brush. I suppose I'd pick the same one as you. I have my D01 brush and an Omega 31064 boar. I'm still breaking it in though, so it doesn't shine quite yet. I tried using it last night with AOS lavender cream, and the lather was underwhelming. I typically use boar with soap, but I just thought I'd give a cream a try.

Joelmole
My Shavemac only looks like that in the photos showing off the bloom!! Be assured the rest of the time she sits like this..

proxy.php

Boar eh..now there's a thought

Thanks for the reply :biggrin:

Cheers

Last edited:
I've only tried the Vulfix 2235 Superbadger, SR 3122 and the Rooney Heritage Stubby medium.

Sold the Vulfix.
Use the SR a lot for creams (and like it).
LOVE the Heritage and use it for creams and soaps.

I've been thinking about this for a bit and was able to narrow my collection in half. That is where the problem started. I could never choose just one out of the remaining group. Take a look and you will see my dilemma. All of these are special in their own way so I've decided to stop this line of thought as I wouldn't want to hurt any of their feelings! :lol::lol::lol:

From left to right:
Kent B&B LE
Pre Vulfix CH3 Best
Pre Vulfix T2 Super
Pre Vulfix PL8 Super
Plisson HMW 14 Horn
Plisson Euro White 14 Briar
Rooney 1/1 Finest
Rooney 2/1 Finest

Last edited:
Top Bottom