What's new

Paladin PK-47 v the Holiday brush

Bosse, I really appreciate your excellent review.
I recently received a 2-band Paladin PK-47 with Ebonite handle.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/439812-Paladin-Shave-Brushes?p=7448920#post7448920

My expectations were sky high. Even so, I think Ken has exceeded them. The knot is still in the break-in period, but I can tell that it is going to be fantastic. It has a hybrid/bulb shape that gives it a wonderful springiness.
In the running for my "best all around brush" are the PK-47 and my Rooney 2-band Heritage Emillion 2. Both of them have a terrific soft-yet-scrubby feel when face lathering. The Rooney has slightly softer tips, but the Paladin has more backbone (probably due to the bulb shape). I have softer brushes and I have brushes with more soap-digging power, but these two are the champs when it comes to doing everything extremely well.
The PK-47 is so good, I'm a little worried my seven other brushes will become lonely. It is an absolute joy to use.

Great review and photographs bosseb: Now if we could only get you shaving with those straight razors from Sweden. Your insights would provide for wonderful reading.

I had missed this thread, Bosse and I'm sorry. Excellent job!

Waiting for further displays of brush wisdom!

I too wonder how I missed the Holiday one...:mad3:

Great review and photographs bosseb: Now if we could only get you shaving with those straight razors from Sweden. Your insights would provide for wonderful reading.

Sorry to say but my straight razor adventure ended very abruptly in the beginning. There is just no way my skin can put up with the learning curve of a Swedish straight honed by myself--- :mad3:

I had missed this thread, Bosse and I'm sorry. Excellent job!

Waiting for further displays of brush wisdom!
I have a plan for the three last brushes in my collection - after I receive the modest package from Lee in the UK... :001_smile

Bosse, I really appreciate your excellent review.
My expectations were sky high. Even so, I think Ken has exceeded them...

The Ebonite handle is really something to wait for! Ken (Chiefbroom) just has to adapt his engraving machine to my 24 mm handle...

Thanks for the great review, The pk 47 looks amazing as do all the other brushes pictured. I want to get my hands on a M&F and the 2015 Butterscotch Paladin! One can dream!!!

I have a plan for the three last brushes in my collection - after I receive the modest package from Lee in the UK... :001_smile

Ha! Quite modest for sure! I could not believe that understated envelope had in it a simple bubble-wrapp and... my Falstaff!

I feel your pain, brother!:001_huh:

Top Bottom