What's new

One house. 3 frags. For life.

I'd have a difficult time picking between Chanel or Dior, but I think I'd have to give it to Dior by just a shade on the strength of numbers... or at least that's what I thought initially. My main problem that I have with Dior is simply the fact that they don't have a fresh, year round fragrance that I feel like I could use in 100+ degree heat if needed that I absolutely LOVE. I like Eau Sauvage EDT a lot, but I don't love it the way some people do. To me, it's like a 8.5/10. Chanel I think has better coverage with the fragrances that I love from them.

Platinum Egoiste (signature, year round scent, warm weather)
Pour Monsieur EDP (formal, year round)
Allure Homme OG (Fall/winter weather signature)

If I were to make the same list with Dior, it would be probably Dior Homme, Sauvage Elixir and Fahrenheit but Fahrenheit is probably the best summer fragrance out of those three, and IMO Platinum Egoiste is just so much better than it in the summer because it has more fresh facets to it. So yeah, Chanel wins this one even though I still think Dior is my favorite overall house.

I chose Maison Margiela earlier but I have to admit I'd put it as a toss up between Maison and L'Occitane. In a perfect world L'Occitane's current house Eau de Toilette would have more projection, and they wouldn't have discontinued their Eau de Vetyver. If that were the case then I'd easily pick that house.

Eau de Vetyver
Eau de Toilette
Eau des Baux

Believe it or not, I am living it.

10 years ago, I decided to have a signature style (thank you FHM … not). Having no fashion sense, I did my research went to the shops and tried a few on. So for all sports I stick to Adidas, for shoes Allen Edmonds, for jeans Momotaro, for socks and boxer shorts Bonds and so on. And I am a minimalist as well.

So for fragrance, I had 3 criteria:

1. The house must have their own in house perfumer. That way it narrowed down the houses to Creed, Montale, Amouge, Chanel and Hermes. Both Guerlain and Acqua di Parma have a huge in house perfumer team but they also design for other fellow LVMH brands.

2. I can afford it. This narrowed it down further to Chanel and Hermes.

3. I have to like, so …

Let’s get ready to rumble … in the left corner we have the epitome of perfect feminine fashion but dabbles in masculine scents, weighing in with -
Platinum Egoiste
Allure
Bleu de Chanel

In the right corner … starting with making saddles to now just about anything in luxury under the sun weighing in with -
Concentre d’Orange Verte
Voyage
Terre d'Hermes

The Chanel lady was a knockout.

Top Bottom