What's new

One Down, Four to go!

+1

And MARSOC
And Navy Seals

However, Sig's 320 is a pretty cool gun. So is FN Herstal's. HOW ARE THEY GOING TO DECIDE! ;)

I have a buddy that is a retired SEAL and the three handguns he mentioned the most as using were a Sig 226 (standard everyday), a Ruger "hush puppy" (Ruger MKII altered by AWC to have an integral suppressor to take out guard dogs), and a S&W 686 in stainless for underwater missions.

He has been retired for a while now though. Personally I would rather have the Sig as the Glock has a weird grip angle for me. :lol:
Not bashing Glock at all, it's just odd for me to shoot one without consciously adjusting my grip.

Although I will say that Glock is NOT the "only pistol that will shoot underwater". I've heard it from some fanboys, and my uncle who knew it all because "he was in the National Guard" was adamant about it. (And that was not a slam to the NG at all guys, that was HIS reasoning.) He didn't have a comeback though, when I told him I have personally shot my HK underwater (feels like it's going to push your mask through your face though :lol:) and the SEALs use a 686 for the reliability over a semi-auto underwater.

I had a buddy that had an FN 49 that was a decent firearm. Problem with it was the striker spring wasn't enough to reliably fire some of the harder primered foreign ammo he got for it. (.40 cal) At the range, not an issue, but can be bad if you are in the field.

Personally I would like to see Sig get it, but Glock has proven themselves as well. Will be interesting to see what they decide on.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
There is still a relationship between FN Herstal (Belgium) and FN America (Virginia). However, the FN series of pistols being evaluated are made in the USA.

I have a neighbor who has a FN9. It holds and feels really nice in the hand. The FN 5.7 is a pretty cool caliber and pistol especially when paired with the similar chambered P90.

Top Bottom