What's new

EVO or STF?

That is what I've been saying since receiving it that it is opposite of what others have said. There are a couple pics listed in the links below...

I'm another one who did not have issues with spalying the STF XL. I do have some experience in setting it at different lofts. I started off with the Muhle version but found the handle very uncomfortable. I believe that the loft was around 54-55mm and it performed excellently for face lathering. Next I purchased a 25mm STF knot from APShave to install in a 26mm handle (Yaqi Rainbow) that I already owned. I set it provisionally at the maximum loft, probably around 57mm, so that the black rubber collar was just barely below the rim of the handle opening. At that setting it splayed very easily and was bordering on being almost floppy. I might have kept it at that loft if the opening on the handle wasn't so large. I disliked the fact that there was a gap between the handle and the brush at the point where the knot exited the handle. So I drilled the handle deeper and now have a loft of 52-53mm. I have no problems with splaying the brush to face lather, and I am very happy with the brush. That said, if I were ordering a brush from APShave or Rudy Vey I would opt for the 54-55mm of the original Muhle brush.

STF hands down. I tried the Evo at a shop and just didn't cotton to it. On the other hand, I am in love with the STF.

I have both STF XL brushes - original Muhle version and Omega Evo 2.0 - "Veteran" model. After accumulating a certain number of shaves with them and already having personal impressions, I can say that both brushes are great.
They have similar characteristics, fibers with soft tips and stable bases, with the backbone of the Evo 2.0 being stronger.
So I prefer to use Evo, for foaming harder soaps or monage directly on the face.
Dakoto with Muhle I prefer to make foaming in a bowl of softer creams. Although both can be used interchangeably and do any of the above operations perfectly.

Top Bottom