What's new

Old Type Appreciation Thread

I was able to nab a clean gold Old Type head for a few bucks this weekend. The handle is exploded, of course.

proxy.php

Yours is much prettier than mine. Mine was missing all of the plating. If I can ever tear it away from my face, then I'm going to send it in to be replated (nickel). As it stands now, I have to polish it every couple of weeks to keep the tarnish away (not my most favorite task).

That's a nice looking razor. Just fic the crack and you'll have a beauty. I just bought an old type on eBay, but it looks like it was pulled from someone's butt....

I was glad to find it, I never see clean gold gillettes. I'll be fixing the handle and putting it on display. I have a nice silver old type head for shaving duties.

I got my first old type last week. It's a 1920 pocket edition. It was in decent shape, save for cracks at the top and bottom of the handle. I filled the handle with epoxy and held it together with zip ties while it cured. It fixed up pretty nicely and seems solid now. The case was in pretty bad shape but it cleaned up pretty well. Before:
$uploadfromtaptalk1407807888349.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1407807901142.jpg

After:
$uploadfromtaptalk1407807937940.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1407807945227.jpg

proxy.php

Cracking 2-pass near BBS shave with the O/T this morning.

1912 O/T with the handle wound back 1/8 turn
Personna Platinum Chrome (4)
Proraso green tube
Muhle synthetic V2
Osma alum
Alcolado Glacial splash

Top Bottom