What's new

Old shaver, new here

Greetings from an SRP refugee. Was quite active there for a few years, until the curtain fell.

Received and, I hope, gave lots of good help there.

I took up straight razors for the sense of self-sufficiency and control. About the same time, I was changing my livelihood from white-collar to blue-collar, also to gain a different sense of the world. A sense of greater accountability, of greater utility.

That move was the best I could have made, financially as well as emotionally. And with my feelings of self-sufficiency and control (over tools, materials, outcomes, and my time) so well met, the need for the daily straight razor shave diminished. I backslid to shower-shaving with a disposable.

It's time to slow back down, do the meditative careful rituals of mixing lather, stropping, honing as necessary, all the good stuff.

So here I am, looking to rejoin a community. Would love to hear from some of my old SRP friends, if they're here. Carl from Australia? Redlather? Anyone?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hello Roughkype from Downunder (Australia: 'Come and Say G'day'...Yeah Baby!!!).
proxy.php

1697252094520.gif
Welcome aboard the B & B (besides being enrolled in the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom), so please feel free to come up to the promenade / sun deck & 'sit-a-spell'.

Sounds like your off to a great start (glad you 'ditched' SRP), and on your way to shaving nirvana and The Zen of Shaving, and yes,...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, savoir faire, élan and all around 'know-how' to assist you in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here.
:thumbsup:

Since you're using a Str8 (I'm too nervous to try myself :crying:...although I have a few 'display' str8's), razor this Thread entitled "The Interactive Guide to Straight Razor Shaving" maybe of great interest to you and is very informative (which I'm sure you've probably already read).

Q. What other tools (brushes, but soaps, scents ect...), are you using?
proxy.php

And please don't forget The 7 P's of Shaving...Prepare, Patience, Pressure, Practice, Persistence, Post shave and Passion.

Although, you may not be addicted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps), from this shaving compulsion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

Lastly, please don't forget once you get time....to tell us a little about yourself in the Hall-of-Fame sub-forum. 😉

:straight:“What is elegance? [shaving soap, brush, str8 razor] and water”! Sir Cecil Beaton

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Welcome back to the B&B community... I'm relatively new here so I've never met you... but I hope some of your old friends are still around and active.

Top Bottom