What's new

OLD OLD OLD soaps

I have one OS puck that I use that's gotta be at least 40 years old and it has a bit of soapy spicey smell (lathers and works great)

I have had two unused OS pucks, one boxed for refill, one boxed inside its mug under the thin plastic 'seal'.

What has worked best for delivering the scent for me: grating up enough of the pucks to pack a twist-up shave stick full. The cap seems to hold the scent, where as it seems to dissipate to almost nothing sitting in the mug even under a wooden cover. This is true for other soaps as well, mug versus covered twist-up stick format.

I have had two unused OS pucks, one boxed for refill, one boxed inside its mug under the thin plastic 'seal'.

What has worked best for delivering the scent for me: grating up enough of the pucks to pack a twist-up shave stick full. The cap seems to hold the scent, where as it seems to dissipate to almost nothing sitting in the mug even under a wooden cover. This is true for other soaps as well, mug versus covered twist-up stick format.
Interesting about the stick holding the scent. I just yesterday slicked up a La Toja stick that I didn't use much but would regularly sniff. Got it layered into a puck in a small bowl and shaved with it later that day. I swear, the scent was totally different. Not bad, just milder and more open. So doing the reverse make sense.

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
An unused Williams gift set dated 4/1/59.
20220902_152400.jpg

20220902_152417.jpg

20220902_152438.jpg

Top Bottom