What's new

Okay, which aftershave smells the best without killing the co-works at the office.

I had a mishap on thursday that about killed me and my co-workers. I used way to much after shave which I didn't know until after it hit my skin. I am pretty much blind in the mornings without my glasses and I placed to much aftershave in my hand and splashed it on the with a little oh s*** and burn :w00t: tried to get most of it off but that failed and found myself going to work with the windows down and 60 mph wind going across the face. So I am hear to ask if there is a mild smelling aftershave that is pleasent and doesn't kill.

Clubman is WAY too potent IMHO.

I have all kinds of aftershaves, all of which don't smell harsh or don't smell very long. I work in a kitchen so this is important for me. So here is what I have and use on a daily basis;

Aqua Velva (sticks around almost the longest out of all of my stuff)
Floid Blue (similar in terms of sticking around to Aqua Velva)
Tactics (very light, fruity, maybe a hint of citrus the scent is not strong, nor does it last for very long)
Lucido Splash (no scent, smells like menthol in the bottle but the scent is non-existent when applied)
Lucido Skin Conditioner (smells like run of the mill lotion so not much scent, nice little cooling effect I wasn't prepared for)
Old Spice original (this is the longest lasting AS I have and smells like their original deodorant so I don't find it to be a problem)
Mandom (again kind of fruity, citrus-y, doesn't stick around long, but longer than the Tactics)
Osage Rub (is it hot where you are? This is a great one to use, not a whole lot of scent but great cooling effect, doesn't last very long, has a powdery finish)
Feather's aftershave (this has an aloe type smell, doesn't last long at all)

All good, very hard to go overboard with IMHO.

Clubman as are the other Pinaud Fragrances really do better when literally "watered down". I like the smell of most all of the Clubmen but boy oh boy are they strong! Mix in the hand with water diluting as needed.

Clubman as are the other Pinaud Fragrances really do better when literally "watered down". I like the smell of most all of the Clubmen but boy oh boy are they strong! Mix in the hand with water diluting as needed.
+1 here

Seriously? everyone is recommending clubman?? If he had that same accident with clubman he'd be making children cry and women pass out. they'd have to evacuate his office and call in a biohazard team with gas masks to clean it up!
I enjoy the occasional splash of clubman but it is in NO WAY a mildly scented aftershave...

angry panda gave some good choices. I'd suggest proraso, osage rub, swiss pitralon, 4711, agua lavanda...you could probably bathe in all those and have no smell by the time you got to work.

Pretty much any of the Booster aftershaves will fade to nothing before you even leave your den. At around $10 for a 400ml bottle you just can't beat it.

I had a mishap on thursday that about killed me and my co-workers. I used way to much after shave which I didn't know until after it hit my skin. I am pretty much blind in the mornings without my glasses and I placed to much aftershave in my hand and splashed it on the with a little oh s*** and burn :w00t: tried to get most of it off but that failed and found myself going to work with the windows down and 60 mph wind going across the face. So I am hear to ask if there is a mild smelling aftershave that is pleasent and doesn't kill.

BTW what AS did you use?

Sorry guys Gillette coolwave is out and is the problem. I will look into the other aftershaves. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Top Bottom