What's new

Okay, so for the last 3 months we have been buying soaps unsniffed.

So far, what scent that arrived made you the happiest and what scent were you just "never"?

Happiest - CBL Insurgent
Definitely a miss for me - Purely Skinful Rhuberry

Happy - extro 17th stormo - smells like warm vintage electric gear. Mesmerizing.

A miss - Phoenix & beau Sanskrit - smells like a watered down citrus cola highball that I pour out. Not what I expected.

Fwiw, I’m a p&b fan, this scent just didn’t connect for me.

[QUOTE="guitarslinger, post: 10783611, member: 2060"
Fwiw, I’m a p&b fan, this scent just didn’t connect for me.
[/QUOTE]
Understood, enjoyed the Purely Skinful Bear tallow soap I tried but the rhubarb berry beef tallow cream was not for me.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Best: TFS Rasozero Agrumella, TFS Corte Sabauda, TFS RabarbaRo Italiano

Worst:N/A
Is the TFS Corte Sabauda the 70th Anniversary LE with a scent something like grapefruit? That's a terrific soap. I assumed the supply was gone and that it was long since sold out.

My "Insane Quarantine Purchase Rampage of 2020" is finally over as I will be heading back to work next week, finally after 3 months of the temporary layoff. Along with buying tons of software and brushes, I have also sold, traded and PIF'd quite a few things.

Best soap and splash purchase is definitely Stirling Satsuma. Man that is one bright, uplifting scent! It didn't't really interest me in years past, and I'm sad that I waited on it.
Sadly the worst was also Stirling. I bought several of the glacial releases, and while the scents were all fine, but the high menthol did not feel good at all on my skin. Unfortunately I'll have to steer clear of those.

No worst here, but two scents that I’ve fallen in love with are:

Ariana & Evans St. Barts
Ariana & Evans SoCal Hipster

Ariana & Evans Spartacus was mild scented while still clean and masculine.

All three are highly recommended.

... I’d rather be shaving! [emoji631]

Best:
  • Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather
  • Dr Jon's Runaway (Joan Jett homage w/ notes of cherry, clover, carnation, leather & more. *Fabulous.
Not only are they great scents, they are top notch performers too.

Worst: None yet. Trusting my instincts and doing my homework has paid off so far.

Happiest: Gentleman's Nod Vincent (should be available soon in the new Cardinal base)
Happiest 2: Grooming Dept Citric
Happiest 3: Grooming Dept FrankinLime
Worst: CBL California Sunrise (is there a scent here somewhere?)
Worst 2: Grooming Dept Sandalwood Nobile
Worst 3: Grooming Dept Chypre Vert

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Best: Zingari Man The Wanderer (At first I thought this was ok...an aquatic with an unidentifiable sweetness. But it just started to grow on me to the point where it is now one of my favorite scents. Just bought the balm and I am not someone who uses balms.)

Tied for Best: The Goodfellas' Smile Abysso. A very pure aquatic. Definitely one of my favorites.

2nd Best: Cella Almond (red container). Smells nice...lather is great and easy to whip up.

Worst: Mystic Water Brown Windsor. (I really tried to like this and used it many times. I just have so many soaps that I like I can't see continuing to use something that I really dislike. At first I thought it was ok and it would grow on me. But over time, I started smelling peppered celery. It's over.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom