What's new

OK Newbies, time to join the 2 Pass Perfect Shave Club, who's in?

​Let's's hear in a 2 sentence brief description about your 2 Pass Perfect Shave .:thumbup1:

The shave has to be 2 pass shave only.:biggrin1:

Last edited:
My first pass is wtg the second pass is atg using any of my 5 de razors. There's only flesh to take off after that.

I would love to say I do a WTG followed by re-lathering and then a ATG. All very well on my cheeks but when I get to my neck and chin there is growth in all directions. So it's a case of taking my time with lots of lather on my brush, do the WTG in several directions re-applying lather as I go along, rinse, lather and then do the same again.

I am intermittently in this club (usually a 2 pass person, sometimes 1 pass if I'm going to be late for work otherwise).

WTG x 2. XTG doesn't get closer for me, and ATG irritates my skin with any razor/blade/soap that I've ever tried.

If I have my angle right, it's a darn fine shave. If I don't, then it's patches of DFS with some SAS going on. I find that my shave quality is much more dependent on my angle/lather than how many passes.

Aside from less irritation and not really wanting to do a 3 pass shave, I find that I can do a single pass touchup for evenings. No matter how closely I shave, I get a decent amount of stubble by 5 o' clock. Saving a pass for then (if needed) is much easier on my face than trying to eke out tiny gains in the morning that are gone in a few hours.

I would love to say I do a WTG followed by re-lathering and then a ATG. All very well on my cheeks but when I get to my neck and chin there is growth in all directions. So it's a case of taking my time with lots of lather on my brush, do the WTG in several directions re-applying lather as I go along, rinse, lather and then do the same again.
+1

Okay, I'm in. I do WTG x 2. Some areas are more XTG, but my growth changes directions a lot so it's more of pseudo-WTG. I never shave ATG as it's too painful. This usually gives me a DFS and I'm fine with that.

I usually do 95% two passes WTG, XTG.
Or Gillette XTG, Gillette XTG.

Sometimes I do three passes but jsut becasue my brush is still loaded and that's a pity to leave all that goodie there...
:001_smile

Where I am now?

I've always been a two-pass shaver - WTG then XTG gives me a CCS which is plenty good enough for me. No irritation and 7 days a week. :thumbup:

+1

Two WTG passes is all I need for a close, comfortable morning shave. I've invited irritation every time I've gone for a third pass and the only payoff was a slight increase in facial smoothness.

Exactly. There's not enough of a pay-off to risk irritation or rash over an extra couple hours of smoothness.

Remember you'll be shaving again tomorrow, BBS is simply not necessary. The difference between a BBS and CCS or DFS is a few hours. Not worth it.

Top Bottom