What's new

Ok, I love WET SHAVING PRODUCTS brushes, but who loves the soaps?

I'm surprised also that WSP is not mentioned or heard enough of. I've tried their Rustic line of soaps and they have performed fabulously IMO. Their Rustic Mahogany is one my top 3 scents of all time. And as a bonus, most of their soaps are vegan. I'll be trying their Formula T soap line with Tallow and Shea. I'll post my thoughts soon. But honestly Gents, your missing on a great product with a price that's practically unbeatable....:lol:

What make you say that, is there a particular product they make which is underrated ?

Their smells are amazing. The product is also unusual, they use bison tallow. After feel is my favorite. I'm a little new to wet shaving and for me the lather is a little finicky but the smells and after feel make it worth it. Harmony is my #1 favorite smell out of all the shave soaps I've tried. The smell Marshlands is a true vetiver. If it had been my first soap purchase I wouldn't have tried any other soaps because it's exactly what I was looking for. It's tied at #2 with mahogany from WSP. WSP does have a tiny edge as far as lather because it's so easy to create a great lather but the after feel of L and L is a tiny bit better imo.

I just don't hear much about L and L. Maybe because they're a newer brand? They're definitely worth checking out.

I'm surprised also that WSP is not mentioned or heard enough of. I've tried their Rustic line of soaps and they have performed fabulously IMO. Their Rustic Mahogany is one my top 3 scents of all time. And as a bonus, most of their soaps are vegan. I'll be trying their Formula T soap line with Tallow and Shea. I'll post my thoughts soon. But honestly Gents, your missing on a great product with a price that's practically unbeatable....:lol:
I totally agree with you . WSP must be most underrated shave gear company that actually have higher end quality products with low affordable price point.

I LOVE WSP product.
The only reason that I'm not collecting them all is because I currently cant.

BTW I have TObacco and Blackbeard and are stunning.

I totally agree with you . WSP must be most underrated shave gear company that actually have higher end quality products with low affordable price point.

Couldn't agree with you more amigo. Plus, as an added bonus Lee, the owner of WSP has excellent customer service. I have ordered items on a Friday afternoon and received my products the next business day which would be Monday! Arizona to Jersey!!! Superb customer service and he has given me tips on sharpening my steel. What else can you ask for?? :thumbup1:
(Did I mention that he's THE GURU on honing straight steel) :sorcerer::sorcerer:

Since it’s alex2363’s thread, I had to post my experience.

I recently received the WSP Formula T in Bay Rum along with their Aftershave Splash in Bay Rum, as well. I couldn’t wait to try it.

Initial impression upon opening the container, I didn’t know if it was shaving-soap or shoe-polish. There was a chemical-scent present, but I attributed it to shipping and probably sitting in the mail box all afternoon in the sun. No harm – no foul.

Although it was my first introduction into soaps, it was very simple to produce lather ~ (25-30 swirls with a wet badger-brush and 8-10 drops of water sitting on top of the soap for about 4 minutes beforehand). I did go a bit heavy on loading the brush with mentioned swirls, but the scent of their Bay Rum on my first usage was a cross between a light Bay Rum and Root-Beer scent combined. Not unpleasant, but it was somewhat different that first day. Since then, the Root-Beer smell has almost diminished, and that initial shoe-polish scent when first opening the container has gone away completely.

The lather is very soft-feeling when applied to the face. Having so much soap at my disposal, I just went for it really heavy on 3-days growth. (Which is a lot of stubble.) The first pass of true WTG was very slick and the cushion required me to increase pressure on some areas. Excess lather had to be rinsed from the razor regularly. Once that was completed, I dropped a few extra beads of water on the heavily loaded brush and lathered up more on my face for the second pass – true ATG. Same slickness as on my first pass, (maybe more), and I again applied pressure to compensate for the cushion of so much soap. A few spots were touched-up on the certain areas of my face with ease without doing anything more than just dabbing the brush on them.

After rinsing, the post-shave feel is really fantastic. Although the face is smooth of all whiskers, it’s as though there is a soft protective feel that isn’t greasy or like a layer of something on the face. Just feels very hydrated and nice. Not something I’ve experienced before in my limited exposure into the wet-shaving realm.

** As a side-note – The WSP Aftershave Splash in Bay Rum was an “experience” all to itself. Having such limited knowledge using other products, I really didn’t know what to expect. After rinsing the face and feeling the smoothness, I did my usual alum-block with a 60-second sit-time and rinse again. Then came the application of the aftershave splash. Since I like the scent of Bay Rum, I went all out and slapped it on my entire face and neck. Oh my… is about all I could think at the time.

The visualization was like I’d poured lighter-fluid on my face and lit it. (Even on areas I didn’t shave.) It was intense, (very intense indeed), but it only lasted about 20 seconds. After that, there was this smoothing and tightening sensation that followed along with a warmth, and then a slight cooling. (Weird, right?) After about 30 minutes or so, I kept touching my face. It was smooth – extremely smooth. I went to look in the mirror to see if I’d changed into a China-doll or something. Nope, just that my pores were very small in comparison to normal and my entire face just looked smoother than I’ve been accustomed.

Yes, I do enjoy using the one WSP Formula T shaving soap I own and will use it throughout the fall and winter months.

Couldn't agree with you more amigo. Plus, as an added bonus Lee, the owner of WSP has excellent customer service. I have ordered items on a Friday afternoon and received my products the next business day which would be Monday! Arizona to Jersey!!! Superb customer service and he has given me tips on sharpening my steel. What else can you ask for?? :thumbup1:
(Did I mention that he's THE GURU on honing straight steel) :sorcerer::sorcerer:
I didn't know that he honed... you have an extra good quality from the owner who already has an excellent product that he produces.

I recently received the WSP Formula T in Bay Rum along with their Aftershave Splash in Bay Rum, as well. I couldn’t wait to try it.

Initial impression upon opening the container, I didn’t know if it was shaving-soap or shoe-polish. There was a chemical-scent present, but I attributed it to shipping and probably sitting in the mail box all afternoon in the sun. No harm – no foul.

Although it was my first introduction into soaps, it was very simple to produce lather ~ (25-30 swirls with a wet badger-brush and 8-10 drops of water sitting on top of the soap for about 4 minutes beforehand). I did go a bit heavy on loading the brush with mentioned swirls, but the scent of their Bay Rum on my first usage was a cross between a light Bay Rum and Root-Beer scent combined. Not unpleasant, but it was somewhat different that first day. Since then, the Root-Beer smell has almost diminished, and that initial shoe-polish scent when first opening the container has gone away completely.

The lather is very soft-feeling when applied to the face. Having so much soap at my disposal, I just went for it really heavy on 3-days growth. (Which is a lot of stubble.) The first pass of true WTG was very slick and the cushion required me to increase pressure on some areas. Excess lather had to be rinsed from the razor regularly. Once that was completed, I dropped a few extra beads of water on the heavily loaded brush and lathered up more on my face for the second pass – true ATG. Same slickness as on my first pass, (maybe more), and I again applied pressure to compensate for the cushion of so much soap. A few spots were touched-up on the certain areas of my face with ease without doing anything more than just dabbing the brush on them.

After rinsing, the post-shave feel is really fantastic. Although the face is smooth of all whiskers, it’s as though there is a soft protective feel that isn’t greasy or like a layer of something on the face. Just feels very hydrated and nice. Not something I’ve experienced before in my limited exposure into the wet-shaving realm.

** As a side-note – The WSP Aftershave Splash in Bay Rum was an “experience” all to itself. Having such limited knowledge using other products, I really didn’t know what to expect. After rinsing the face and feeling the smoothness, I did my usual alum-block with a 60-second sit-time and rinse again. Then came the application of the aftershave splash. Since I like the scent of Bay Rum, I went all out and slapped it on my entire face and neck. Oh my… is about all I could think at the time.

The visualization was like I’d poured lighter-fluid on my face and lit it. (Even on areas I didn’t shave.) It was intense, (very intense indeed), but it only lasted about 20 seconds. After that, there was this smoothing and tightening sensation that followed along with a warmth, and then a slight cooling. (Weird, right?) After about 30 minutes or so, I kept touching my face. It was smooth – extremely smooth. I went to look in the mirror to see if I’d changed into a China-doll or something. Nope, just that my pores were very small in comparison to normal and my entire face just looked smoother than I’ve been accustomed.

Yes, I do enjoy using the one WSP Formula T shaving soap I own and will use it throughout the fall and winter months.
Has other after shaves ever giving you this reaction ?

I like the WSP Rustic Natural shaving soap, ( my wife has breathing allergies to the scents). I want to try Barbershop T when SHE IS NOT AROUND FOR AWHILE FOR SAFETY SAKES! It is the Best uscented soap i have used so far!

I like the WSP Rustic Natural shaving soap, ( my wife has breathing allergies to the scents). I want to try Barbershop T when SHE IS NOT AROUND FOR AWHILE FOR SAFETY SAKES! It is the Best uscented soap i have used so far!
That's very considerate of you , I'm sure she appreciate that .

i will agree, its a very intense after shave. a little goes a long way with WSP after shave for sure, the main two ingredients are alcohol and witch hazel. the extra pressure might not have helped for the sting, but it made me appreciate my milder after shaves, but the WSP is my go to.

I'm waiting for a 10 "flavors" sampler I ordered from them. At 1 oz./ea. I reckon I'll get a whole lot of shaves out of that. I will report on each one of them as i go through them.

I didnt read all the posts mention but i have to say that wsp is in my top 3. I dont know if it was mentioned but thier Matterhorn scent needs to be mentioned. I really like it alot. Its based on creeds cool spring scent. I also have the pre shave oil. I dont use it as a pre shave oil though. I use it as my post shave. I hit my face with a splash of unscented witch hazel and then 3 drops of the oil and it acts like a balm. Man the scent from the oil......... its nice i can smell it for a while. I shave at night and i can still smell it after work the next day....... about to get the mahognay and blackbeard scentt...

I didn't know that he honed... you have an extra good quality from the owner who already has an excellent product that he produces.

OH absolutely. Here we have an owner that believes in his products, and backs it up by providing excellent customer service and product support. The whole product line is great, from soft goods to hard goods. But we can talk about those other things on a different post. The soaps for me, as you know are excellent. I have three of their Formula T soaps, Mahogany, Tobacco, and Barbershop. And I have 3 of their Rustic line, Mahogany, Sandalwood, and Barbershop. All great scents, love the Mahogany in both lines. The Tobacco is really a good scent, but perhaps not as strong as I would have liked. And it smells nothing like a cigar shop. More like a cigar box with the Cedar inlays that give it a more woodsy and leafy type aroma with maybe a touch of musk. Very pleasant. Performance though is where both of WSP lines really shine. Great lathering qualities, loads up on any brush quickly and efficiently. Provides very good slickness and glide with a decent amount of cushion so you don't have to apply any more pressure to make sure you get through the creamy goodness it provides. ( And yes alex2363, their black badger brush does a very nice job of getting their soap to your face in a comfortable and semi luxurious way ). But if I had to pick between the Formula T line or Rustic, I'd give the edge to the Formula T. To me it gives me a better post shave feel and smoothness that is just a notch above the Rustic line. Provides an unbelievable feel of hydration and softness, that sometimes no Alum is needed. Balm, and done. Maybe it's the Shea Butter and Lanolin, don't know for sure, but it works and works very well. It's a home run IMHO. When you consider quality, performance, and price, hands down No#1 in my list. For me its:

1. WSP
2. TOBS
3. Stirling

Enough said.

Top Bottom