What's new

Stirling’s Sheep - Legendary

Stirling’s Sheep is, hands down, the best soap base I’ve ever tried. A close second would be their Naked and Smooth, but Sheep has something special about it that is so soothing and comforting to shave with.

It’s a little thirsty, but once you get the amount of water dialed in, it produces the slickest, cushiest, and most protective lather my face has ever had the pleasure of feeling. With 15 seconds of loading with my boar brush, I could do a 3 pass shave on a buffalo with some leftover lather to spare. It just explodes with lather.

It’s so soothing, that sometimes I feel like I don’t even need an aftershave balm or splash. The residual moisturizing effects from the soap are more than enough to carry me through the day.

I’m an unscented soap user and there is a small lanolin smell to it, but it’s not overpowering or off putting in any way. Plus, I happen to like the scent of natural and unscented soaps. I know they’re not supposed to smell, but they do have a “clean” or “pure” scent to them.

I’m no stranger to Stirling as their soaps make up most of shave soaps, but their Sheep is God Tier for me.

Anyone else have experience with this amazing shave soap? I absolutely love anything Stirling produces, I’m a total fanboy for sure.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I really want to try this soap, but nobody in the EU ever stocks it. Regular Stirling is a no-no for me because of all the fragrance, but the unscented varieties never seem to get exported.
That's a shame... I really like their Unscented with Beeswax... I have their Unscented Sheep, but I haven't tried it yet.

At the moment, I'm 3017ing some Baume.be unscented cream... I might try the Sheep after that.

I really want to try this soap, but nobody in the EU ever stocks it. Regular Stirling is a no-no for me because of all the fragrance, but the unscented varieties never seem to get exported.
Have you tried Tantra Soaps Hampshire Wool Fat soap by any chance?
IMG_20230729_183956558.jpg IMG_20230729_184124346.jpg

It comes in three flavours, but all have a minimum of natural essential oils. She may actually do an unscented, but in practical terms they pretty much are.

Her soaps have a loyal following by some UK members here. Made in Portsmouth.

I favor the No.1 original formula, but they are all phenominal performers.

I recommend it. Her shop is on the UK bay.

Phenomenal soap as a very decent price.
View attachment 1861504 View attachment 1861505

It comes in three flavours, but all have a minimum of natural essential oils. She may actually do an unscented, but in practical terms they pretty much are.

Her soaps have a loyal following by some UK members here. Made in Portsmouth.

I favor the No.1 original formula, but they are all phenominal performers.

I recommend it. Her shop is on the UK bay.
Does she have an online presence?

Edit: I found her

Last edited:
I always thought Stirling mutton base was among the elite of elite (and it still is) But I was really surprised when I finally tried their Unscented with Beeswax. It sort of blew me away, how crazy slick it is.
I've used Sheep, Varen, Naked & Smooth as well as Unscented with Beeswax and I agree with you: UWB just "hits" different. And by "different" I mean better than any other Stirling base, in my experience.

I use it with their Frost Drops to give it a menthol kick, but a "Chill" version would be *chef's kiss*.

Would a parcel (gift) sent from Ireland trigger import duty fees?

I haven't tried Hampshire Wool Fat - I forgot about them!

That's very kind @Jayson74 but I am good for the moment, so I don't want to deprive you. I had a little soap buying splurge for my birthday last week and ordered a couple of other unfragranced artisan soaps, so my bases are definitely covered for the moment. It's also not like I don't have a drawer full of Haslinger if I need it! :biggrin1:

(Well, first I ordered a fragranced soap, despite saying a couple of years ago that I would never buy fragranced artisan soap again. Sure enough I have ended up passing it on to another member after my skin reacted immediately, but I managed to get an unscented version direct from the UK manufacturer that should be here soon AND I ordered some more Signature Soaps Capra, which is a great unfragranced soap.)

Top Bottom