Schick Proline P-series (4)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
RazoRock.F400 XXL 34mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower followed by a few minutes of waterboarding
Lather: Col Conk Unscented, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel cream

Another mostly smooth shave in the books. There were a few weepers under the right side of my jawline, but I didn’t feel their infliction and they cleared right up. Still, smooov!

Was it all from pressing a damp cloth on my whiskers for a few minutes? I dunno.

I completely disassemble my razors after every shave, clean & dry everything thoroughly, reassemble the razor without the blade, flip the blade and store it separately. :)

A blade gets stuck very, very rarely.
@Hannah's Dad
Same here, minus the flipping of the blade 🤷‍♂️. The blade sits tight on the posts, but rarely gets totally stuck. Perhaps some blades have minor tolerance issues, specs-wise...? I don't think that it is a regular problem of the said KAI blade variety.

Last edited:
I completely disassemble my razors after every shave, clean & dry everything thoroughly, reassemble the razor without the blade, flip the blade and store it separately. :)

A blade gets stuck very, very rarely.

I do same and have no issues with the MG.

My Vector is a few months old SS and I can not load a Shick Proline and have had sticking issues with the Kai Captain - but nothing too challenging. No issues with Feather Pro or Feather Proguard 🤷🏼‍♂️

SEptember

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Mirror Polish Supply Pro
Blade: Schick "Chick" (5)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Baker Street
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery TravelShave Bowl
Brush: Paul Trotter Northeast Ice Handle AP Shave Co 26mm G5A Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm, Executive Man EDT
Rating: 10/10 Three pass BBS shave with three touch ups, no weepers, cuts or irritation. Very good lather, cushion and slickness. Entire shave performed on setting #2, seems to be my niche. Getting better with the Pro every time I use it.

SEptember

Last night’s luxury shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC

Another mostly smooth shave in the books. There were a few weepers under the right side of my jawline, but I didn’t feel their infliction and they cleared right up. Still, smooov!

Was it all from pressing a damp cloth on my whiskers for a few minutes? I dunno.
How are you liking the Neutrogena Hydro Boost? I apply it last, after my aftershave has thoroughly dried. I find that it really goes a long way to making my skin feel like I never even shaved.

SEptember head shave #4

RR Hawk Eco
Shark Saloon (1)
MdC Agrumes
Omega boar
Pinaud Lime Sec

Wonderful, two-pass (with touchup) BBS. Wish my face was this easy.

20220913_101138.jpg

SEptember

Last night’s luxury shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC

I prep the same way. Hot water wash cloth with a bit of light scrubbing. Just enough to soften my "average" beard. Works great.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I do same and have no issues with the MG.

My Vector is a few months old SS and I can not load a Shick Proline and have had sticking issues with the Kai Captain - but nothing too challenging. No issues with Feather Pro or Feather Proguard 🤷🏼‍♂️
I have an older Stainless Vector and older (from Japan) Schick Proline P blades. No issues loading any of my blades and very, very rarely a minor issue with getting stuck.

I'm very curious to see what issues I'll have with the Prolines when I get a Ti Vector.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
How are you liking the Neutrogena Hydro Boost?

I only notice when I skip it. Nice, but mega-$$$, so going back to Equate Daily Moisturizer with hyaluronic acid when it runs out.

Good thing is a little goes so long of a way that I’ve used the same teensy jar for several months.

Damn! I'm so jealous. I've been looking, hoping to find some vintage Pinaud bottles myself.

Great find my friend! Those labels are in perfect condition. I dig them.

I did some research an I believe these are old Jeris hair tonic bottles. I just pulled the labels from the plastic Pinaud bottles. I do have three large glass Pinaud bottles on a shelf, and three smaller Pinaud bottles. They are getting hard to find.

(Not my pic.)

jeris.jpg

Top Bottom