What's new

October 2014 Acquisitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered some Clubman Country Club Shampoo from Walgreens' website. It's the only place I could find the shampoo at a decent price, but I decided to spend the $25 to get free shipping and picked up some Pinaud aftershaves that I've been wanting to try: Virgin Island Bay Rum, Special Reserve, Clubman Vanilla and Lime Sec. It is supposed to arrive today. (Yes, I realize that it would've been cheaper to just pay the shipping, but hey, I got aftershaves instead.)

I ordered some Clubman Country Club Shampoo from Walgreens' website. It's the only place I could find the shampoo at a decent price, but I decided to spend the $25 to get free shipping and picked up some Pinaud aftershaves that I've been wanting to try: Virgin Island Bay Rum, Special Reserve, Clubman Vanilla and Lime Sec. It is supposed to arrive today. (Yes, I realize that it would've been cheaper to just pay the shipping, but hey, I got aftershaves instead.)

Seems perfectly logical to me!

Semogue 2013 Special Edition 3-Band Badger
Semogue Texugo 2-band badger
Chubby 3 Super 3-Band*!
Mystic Water Adirondack Jack

Nikon D7000 replacement (silly battery sensor was messed up)

Theirs-Issard 5/8 straight with tortoise scales round point and a Ralf Aust 6/8 with olive wood scales Spanish point. Some chromium oxide crayon and assorted fun.

The Stone arrived today and it turns out it is a Nice Y/G Thuri. Probably the softest I've owned, but so ridiculously dished that even as soft as it is, there's a good 15-20min lapping job to get it useable. In the end, given the work involved, I got a pretty decent deal on a nice stone, but still considering it was a gamble, I overpaid. The razor got here too, and it's not even faux tortoise, it's just clear horn that had so much crud stuck inside the scales, it looked mottled like tortoise. It's in pretty solid shape. The metal isn't as bad as I expected. The honewear is a bit off, but fixable, and scales are dead straight with only a little flaking.
put up a pic of the razor when you finish working on it.

It won't be anything impressive, I'm just gonna hone it. I'm no restorer. For me a restoration is replacing broken scales with ones I stole off another razor, sanding off any active rust, tightening the pins and honing it. I leave making things pretty to the guys with more skill than I. There's a picture of the razor in the April arrivals thread. It's gonna look pretty much the same when I'm done.

Came here to note a funny thing. The lot I mentioned overbidding on and being surprised I lost... top bidder backed out and I got a second chance offer. I definitely considered it, but having the mercy of time at my hands, I decided not to take it. It's probably worth right around what I bid, it's got 3 le grelots and a few other decent razors in it. Most of the value would be the le grelots, one's chipped, but not too far down, the other two are just heavily pitted. Looking at it, if I needed the razors I'd probably take it, but just cleaning them up to sell wouldn't be worthwhile for me. So heads up whoever the next highest bidder on that auction is, once my Second chance times out (like 3 days), you may get it.

Just ordered a couple of pucks of Texas On Fire from Stirling Soap Co. and had him add 3 random samples as well. Can't wait to see what he sends.

Here's hoping my wife doesn't visit B&B....

ATT R2 Atlas
Myrsol -- four bottles of AS: Balsamica, Blue, F Extra and Formula K

I had a Visa gift card (courtesy of a phone company for switching carriers/ISPs) that was expiring. That plus Phil's generous 10% off coupon at BullGoose (to help us all cope with tax day) kind of tipped the scales for making this purchase. As soon as Phil shipped the box (he's fast), I realized that I'd forgotten to add a box of 100 Personna Med Preps to my order. Ugh!

Ladies & Gents, see BullGoose's post for the coupon code. 10% off until 4/15. Too good to miss.

Mods, feel free to spank me if I'm breaking a rule by linking to Phil's thread with the code, but here it is:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/398367-Taxman-discount-code-at-BullGoose-Shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom