What's new

October 2014 Acquisitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I only have a EJ89L at the moment, and after sending over $80 to someone on the seller forum for a lot of SS's, Tech's and 2 Fatboys.... and not receiving ****.

I am currently waiting on a Slim from Ebay and a chinese badger travel brush I found also on the bay.

have accumulated quite the little starter set of razors in the past couple weeks. Currently waiting on a pack of Feathers, and a 1921 Ball-end Old Type.

A bunch of blades

-Super Max Super Platinums (love this blade...may be The One)
-Racers (good blades and just so very cheap)
-cardboard boxed Perma-Sharps (heard good things about them)
-Astra Super Platinums (giving them another chance now that I know what I'm doing)

I have been busy stimulating the economy. I await:

22mm finest badger knot & 22mm handle from TGN to make my own brush :w00t:
Red tip, silver tip (a Super Speed?), butterscotch handle injector, Gem Damaskeen from shopgoodwill.com :001_cool:

6 glycerin & bentonite shave soaps from ManCave1 via www.etsy.com:lol:

3 five paks of Shark SC blades--50 cents a blade, more costly than the Derbys I just bought. :001_huh:

SWMBO will likely have a comment, but she likes my lather when I leave the extra in my bowl after shaving; especially the TOBS Lavender.:laugh:

- Simpsons Wee Scot
- Semogue 2010 LE
- Valobra stick
- Muhle sea buckthorn SS
- GFT Sandalwood SS
- Ralph Lauren Safari SS

This week, I re-visited the Parker 91R that I bought as my first DE razor 14 months ago. It performs a lot better than I thought back then. I decided I didn't have the experience to properly evaluate it back then, and decided to try their newest model, the 99R.

So I ordered it yesterday and will write a review after a proper trial run. I also found a source of Astra blades ($5.00 per hundred), and ordered them, along with some Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel.

I got shipping notices today. So I'm waiting.

Codfish

too much to mention, mostly small stuff like creams and soaps and blades, but the main item is my newly acquired Muhle R89

proxy.php

Love the handle on that razor.

I'm waiting on Mama Bear's Sandalwood Rose! Excited. I had a hard time choosing! But I figure I could just pick up a new one every month. :w00t: or maybe I'll just buy them ALL sooner!

I'm waiting for my 1959 Fatboy Adjustable, Gillette 1973 Travel Tech, 1960's Gillette Slim Adjustable, and 1950's Gillette Red Tip with case.

too much to mention, mostly small stuff like creams and soaps and blades, but the main item is my newly acquired Muhle R89

proxy.php

Very nice razor you ordered bruce. :thumbup1: It's quickly become a favorite, and it's found itself a steady going only interrupted by an occasional thought to give another one a few rounds. :001_smile

Just a couple things :lol:

3 New Deluxes
1 Fatboy
1 Red Tip
1 Schick Krona
1 NEW Norfolk
1 GEM
Pipe racks to hold some razors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom