What's new

Noob upgrading from Weishi

Hi gents. I ready to upgrade from my Weishi and am thinking about either the Merkur HD or Progress. I really like the idea of being able experiment with Progress and get right agressivesness for my needs. Any thoughts?

Another vote for the Progress. The only thing you need to watch out for is blade angle: the Progress bends a blade much more dramatically than the Weishi (which I guess really doesn't bend at all) so you really need to pay attention to how you hold it for the first few shaves.

--Mark

The Progress gives you the option of finding just the right setting for your face and beard. Just don't make the mistake of starting at too high a setting. :thumbdown

Just start at the lowest setting and work your way up. Even if the first setting seems too tame, do it anyway. That way you'll know for sure and you'll have something to compare the next highest setting to. :thumbup1:

Edwin Jagger DE89L or DE89. I doubt anyone here who has one would argue their performance and value. Same price or cheaper than an HD, but a much better razor overall for me-

Edwin Jagger DE89L or DE89. I doubt anyone here who has one would argue their performance and value. Same price or cheaper than an HD, but a much better razor overall for me-

+1

I have the Muhle R89 version, and it is one of the best razors ever made in my opinion. Fit, and finish are perfect, as is the balance. Awesome looking razor, that shaves perfectly.

I first started with a Welshi and then moved to a Fat Boy. The adjustable obviously gives you a more customized shave. I however did love the Welshi as a beginner!

Top Bottom