What's new

Nivea Men DEEP Clean & Comfort After Shave Lotion

Just picked this up and would like to know what others think of this drugstore splash. I splashed some on 3hrs post shave and it smells very nice. I will apply immediately after my next shave and see how it feels.
Nivea Men DEEP AS : NEW on STORK.jpg

M

Member 113878

Don't like the scent.
Their "original" one smells the best, IMHO.

I don’t think its among the most popular ones out there, but i like the cherry scent. Probably not for everyone though since i know people who despise it with a passion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks interesting. I may have to try it. Is it refreshing?
I splashed it on three times post shave about an hour apart each time. It does have a nice citricy scent and a very nice dry down. Is it Pitralon Classic..No..but for the price and with the nice glass bottle I'd say buy it. Living in Canada I can import nice Germany AS like Pitralon and IRISCH MOOS. I understand that is a problem (with alcohol content) for my American brothers. Of course America makes some damn fine After Shaves too.

I use the Nivea after shave sensitive balm that comes in the white bottle. It has a mild scent that is liked by everyone who smells it.

I like it. As for the scent, does anyone really know? One guy smells cherry, another guy smells citrus, my nose says vanilla and pepper. Heck it might even be oud wood for all I know.

I saw it on the shelf this weekend 20% off and bought it, used it this morning. I like it. Nice, modern scent. The Nivea web site states it has a, "Masculine Vanilla & Bourbon Scent" and I'll have to take their word for it. Good face feel after application, too. A lot of folks aren't fans of hydrogenated castor oil, but I've noticed most of the post-shave splashes I use a lot--Adidas Dynamic Pulse, Gillette Cool Wave--contain this ingredient.

I saw it on the shelf this weekend 20% off and bought it, used it this morning. I like it. Nice, modern scent. The Nivea web site states it has a, "Masculine Vanilla & Bourbon Scent" and I'll have to take their word for it. Good face feel after application, too. A lot of folks aren't fans of hydrogenated castor oil, but I've noticed most of the post-shave splashes I use a lot--Adidas Dynamic Pulse, Gillette Cool Wave--contain this ingredient.

Hydrogenated castor oil is used in alot of the better splashes. Unless you are a teenager with very oily skin, you need some kind of emollient because shaving decimates the lipid layer on the skin. It's even worse with daily shaving.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It is another great product from Nivea. I pretty much use it every Friday. It does have a scent that lasts longer than the other lotions but I am still a huge fan.

...A lot of folks aren't fans of hydrogenated castor oil, but I've noticed most of the post-shave splashes I use a lot--Adidas Dynamic Pulse, Gillette Cool Wave--contain this ingredient...
Castor oil has a very long history as a skin care ingredient, going back thousands of years. The hydrogenation is just to prevent it from going rancid. Hopefully, no one is eating the stuff.

Tried it myself. Really liked the scent...until it was gone in 60 seconds. As fragrance is a primary reason I use AS, it was not a keeper for me.

niveaultra.jpeg

Today I tried Nivea Ultra.

It is Armani Code scented AS with small hydrating effect. The scent doesn't linger all day but you can still smell a very light scent after 2 hours.

It is branded under two names. One is DEEP and the second is ULTRA. Both are the same product. ULTRA branded for Russia and Middle East market. DEEP is branded for european market.

niveaultra2.jpeg
niveaultra3.jpeg

Nothing fancy on this product. There is not a cooling effect like Nivea Fresh Kick. The scent is better compared to Fresh Kick (Armani Code at the end ofthe day). But it is an average AS.

Top Bottom