What's new

Nivea in 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
What post shave products for men was nivea making in early 2000? I went to archive.org and nothing specifically came up... i called nivea and they told me that they dont keep track/record of such things! Would there be anyway possible to determine what post shave products nivea was marketing/selling the first quarter of 2000?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I think that Nivea may have changed their Aftershave Balm ingredients a few years ago. There is an older version of their Sensitive Aftershave balm and a newer version. You can tell by the different coloured caps on the bottles and also the older version has a white glass container and the newer version has a clear glass container. I think the change was very small and most of us really cannot tell the difference.

I think that Nivea may have changed their Aftershave Balm ingredients a few years ago. There is an older version of their Sensitive Aftershave balm and a newer version. You can tell by the different coloured caps on the bottles and also the older version has a white glass container and the newer version has a clear glass container. I think the change was very small and most of really cannot tell the difference.
Well i went to archive.org but for early 2000, it doesnt show specifically whats on their website, can you look and tell me what you find?

I think that Nivea may have changed their Aftershave Balm ingredients a few years ago. There is an older version of their Sensitive Aftershave balm and a newer version. You can tell by the different coloured caps on the bottles and also the older version has a white glass container and the newer version has a clear glass container. I think the change was very small and most of us really cannot tell the difference.
Nivea.com for u.s. only and not australia...

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
DC2EB2B2-EE90-4865-84B7-AC9BCAB76BD6.jpeg
4853A467-75ED-4C6F-9055-50FDB076BCFE.jpeg
2D1BEE92-9E9C-4DD8-94D2-0F79C834518E.jpeg
8D42BB60-F907-4BF0-9D85-93991912C804.jpeg
53DDA926-ED00-496E-A5A0-FFAB3847B325.jpeg

Look, I don’t think I can help you out that much. I am in Australia and all our Nivea products come direct from Germany. I have included some photos of the difference in the Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balms that I have. The one on the right in the photos is the older version in the milky glass, that is the one that I slightly prefer but for me they both work well, very soothing after a shave and help my skin. If you actually look at the box on the older version it has New Formula written on the top of the box. Therefore using deductive powers the older version was changed at some time and then was changed again. In 22 years there would be some sort of change in the products as the costs of ingredients and labour etc would have gone up so to make money and stay in business they would be looking for cheaper ingredients to use to stay afloat. That is my opinion only.

Last edited:
Spot on. I definitly used the Nivea Aftershave balm Original and Sensitive (bottle on the right) versions back in 2000, even a few years before that since the mid 90s - also as moisturizer for my face.

Beiersdorf also produced a knock-off under their cheapo brand Florena (which originally was a brand of the good ole German Democratic Republic) which was discontinued - same stuff half the price.

Some years ago my skin decided it doesn't like balms anymore, unfortunately.
Now I use Nive Soft (cream) plus one out of my dozen alcohol based after shave lotions (atm mostly Pinaud Clubman original and Vanilla - ish is expensive here).

There wasn't much other shaving related stuff from Nivea back then, except some goo-in-a-can, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Btw, changes in formulas are probably rather related to new laws and (EU-) regulations though. Beiersdorf isn't exactly known for using expensive ingredients, lol. I mean, the original Nivea cream is mostly made of paraffin.

Since they were selling the balm for half the price under a different brand I think they didn't need to change the formula to save a few bucks.

Last edited:
Spot on. I definitly used the Nivea Aftershave balm Original and Sensitive (bottle on the right) versions back in 2000, even a few years before that since the mid 90s - also as moisturizer for my face.

Beiersdorf also produced a knock-off under their cheapo brand Florena (which originally was a brand of the good ole German Democratic Republic) which was discontinued - same stuff half the price.

Some years ago my skin decided it doesn't like balms anymore, unfortunately.
Now I use Nive Soft (cream) plus one out of my dozen alcohol based after shave lotions (atm mostly Pinaud Clubman original and Vanilla - ish is expensive here).

There wasn't much other shaving related stuff from Nivea back then, except some goo-in-a-can, if I remember correctly.
But do you think that you can find such info on archive.org??

I looked for nivea.de - there are snapshots from 1998 and 2000 but no mention of the aftershave balm or a product line up - just talk about the ordinary Nivea cream and basic education about skin care.
It was a pretty basic Internet presence back then and I guess the audience was relatively small.

Advertisement was primarly done via tv, magazines and billboards.

What do you need this for?

Last edited:
Nivea likes to change once in a while. The shaving product are same thing as other range, fragrances aren't too expensive to obtain.
Nivea for Men started way back in 1986, not 2000.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
What post shave products for men was nivea making in early 2000? I went to archive.org and nothing specifically came up... i called nivea and they told me that they dont keep track/record of such things! Would there be anyway possible to determine what post shave products nivea was marketing/selling the first quarter of 2000?
Look on ebay for old products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom