What's new

Nivea German Shaving Cream

Has anyone done a Nivea, Florena and Kaloderma comparison? The Kaloderma seems to have been launched on the withdrawal of Florena.

Wow! I can come out of the Nivea Closet now. I had some that I had from before my DE days, bought from London Drugs here in Canada. I had found this better than any canned foam long before I found DE razors. When I switched to DE's and started reading Badger and Blade I felt embarrassed about my old cream (just like my multi-blade cartridges) and switched to more "acceptable" creams and soaps. I finally can say that some of my best shaves still come from Nivea. Admittedly now with a good badger brush and bowl not just hand smeared on my face. I realize there is a lot of "peer pressure" on these posts, maybe more "dirty secrets" would surprise some people.

I picked up a tube of this a few weeks ago. Easy to lather nice feel. I'll have to buy a few to take with me when I leave next year. One tube is 1.23 euro or $1.50 ish. Good cream for the price.

I started a thread about this cream a while ago and think it's fantastic. It's the cream I'm using presently and couldn't be happier. Great stuff.

I picked up a tube of this a few weeks ago. Easy to lather nice feel. I'll have to buy a few to take with me when I leave next year. One tube is 1.23 euro or $1.50 ish. Good cream for the price.

+1

I got some from Smallflower yesterday and it lathers up a storm and provides a smooth shave. According to my pathetic nose, it is almost unscented, pretty much like the Nivea Balm for Sensitive skins.

Cheap enough at $5.95 for a 3.4oz tube, so I bought 2.

Just got mine a few days ago. Mr pacman was kind to offer to send me some.
I'm glad I accepted his kind offer.

Lathers very nice. Just as well as any of my other creams. The scent could be a bit stronger. But it's all good.

I have been using it off and on for several years. A local German Deli carried it for 4.95 a tube. I still have 3 tubes. But the deli changed owners and I don't know if they sell it any more. Also scored some Tobacco aftershave by Dressin. I really like it.

I have been using it off and on for several years. A local German Deli carried it for 4.95 a tube. I still have 3 tubes. But the deli changed owners and I don't know if they sell it any more. Also scored some Tobacco aftershave by Dressin. I really like it.

Coincidence perhaps, but today I used a nivea cream I bought at Pasteurs sometime around march. The tube I have is from Germany(identical to the one the original poster put up), It's got a reddish tinge (the cream not the lather) and smells rather strongly of limonene. Is the canadian stuff the same?

Last edited:
the ones I just received do have a very light scent. I do not detect them to be a citrus type scent. its just light perfumy. It also states that they are made in Germany.

This cream is available locally for about $3.00 US, and is imported from Germany. It is a nice performer, and at the price, is a candidate for best budget shave cream.

Maybe if we all send e-mails to Nivea asking if they plan on bringing the cream to america they might get the hint?

I sent an e-mail asking this (and for coupons) a few days ago and i still have not received a reply

I wouldn't know. Mine is from Germany.

And yes it does have a pinkish tint in the tube.

I have to admit that I find the scent to be not so much for me. It is strong and just not my thing.

Just that typical Nivea scent.

It is a great performer though and goes well with the aftershave balm that can be found everywhere.

Also...Mine don't look like any of the pics posted here. Mine looks like this...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...1t:429,r:5,s:32&tx=115&ty=65&biw=1024&bih=653

Last edited:
I wouldn't know. Mine is from Germany.

And yes it does have a pinkish tint in the tube.

I have to admit that I find the scent to be not so much for me. It is strong and just not my thing.

Just that typical Nivea scent.

It is a great performer though and goes well with the aftershave balm that can be found everywhere.

Also...Mine don't look like any of the pics posted here. Mine looks like this...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...1t:429,r:5,s:32&tx=115&ty=65&biw=1024&bih=653

Yours is the transition formula from Florena to the current Nivea. It was a slight change in formula from the original Florena but retained the Florena scent, which is stronger and more floral than the current Nivea. The current Nivea is what the posted pictures show. The formula has changed slightly, again, but the performance is similar. The cream is whiter and the scent is milder.
I have both versions.

This cream is the bomb! Lathers beautifully, smells great, and provides ample cushioning. And it's inexpensive to boot - I can get it here in the Czech Republic for a bit more than $2, sometimes even less when it's on sale. I use it at least three times a week.

Top Bottom