What's new

Nice Doggie! New Wolfman in the house!

A fellow forum member mentioned that he contacted James yesterday and was quoted 3-4 months as the current wait time. There's nothing like announcing a price increase to generate some orders. Man, that poor guy must be getting crushed. Good problem to have though.

The #2 handle is growing on me more and more every time I see it. Can't wait to see how the stubby version handles. I also have a brushed stand coming with it. It looks a little shallow compared to others, for those of you that have one does it feel like it holds the razor securely?

Those handles have grown on me as well. I'm thinking of picking up the stubby version prior to the July 1 price increases. James took pics of the WR1-OC on the short #2 and I think it looks great...

http://imgur.com/a/U3RbR#5

(According to James these are unfinished, but the pics help illustrate how the short handle will look on the WR1 head.)

A fellow forum member mentioned that he contacted James yesterday and was quoted 3-4 months as the current wait time. There's nothing like announcing a price increase to generate some orders. Man, that poor guy must be getting crushed. Good problem to have though.

I think he may be over estimating wait times due to the influx of new orders. When I ordered my WRH2 handle last week I inquired about getting an OC head with the .74mm blade gap mod (thanks Bill) and he said likely 8-10 weeks but may have to increase that up to 12 weeks if the emails keep flooding in. I doubt 4 months though.

Those handles have grown on me as well. I'm thinking of picking up the stubby version prior to the July 1 price increases. James took pics of the WR1-OC on the short #2 and I think it looks great...

(According to James these are unfinished, but the pics help illustrate how the short handle will look on the WR1 head.)

That is pure awesomeness, thanks for the pics I hadn't seen those yet. Mine should be here Monday or Tuesday assuming everything goes ok with customs.

Wow that is a beauty!

That is pure awesomeness, thanks for the pics I hadn't seen those yet. Mine should be here Monday or Tuesday assuming everything goes ok with customs.

No problem. I'm really diggin' the shorter handle. Please post some pics of yours when it arrives.

I got notice recently my razor will be ready later this week. I got on the list in late March. It will be almost 12 weeks from waiting list to shaving. We all knew about the wait so it wasn't unexpected. Can't wait to give it a whirl. I have been enjoying my Kronos ATT S2 and went with the WR1 OC/WRH2/stand in polished. Should be a nice compliment.

Last edited:
I got notice recently my razor will be ready later this week. I got on the list in late March. It will be almost 12 weeks from waiting list to shaving. We all knew about the wait so it wasn't unexpected. Can't wait to give it a whirl. I have been enjoying my Kronos ATT S2 and went with the WRH1 OC/WHR2/stand in polished. Should be a nice compliment.

You're going to have two of the finest razors available to us! I know you're going to be impressed with the quality of the Wolfman and I hope you find the shave to be a perfect fit for you!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Is there somewhere in the myriad of Wolfman threads that discusses the mods he can make to create a more aggressive razor? I see a couple references to increasing blade gap, can the exposure on an OC be adjusted also? I'm of the Fat Boy at 7 or 8 tribe, R-41 is no problem ..

Thanks

Is there somewhere in the myriad of Wolfman threads that discusses the mods he can make to create a more aggressive razor? I see a couple references to increasing blade gap, can the exposure on an OC be adjusted also? I'm of the Fat Boy at 7 or 8 tribe, R-41 is no problem ..

Thanks

Williabe has an increased blade gap on his brass SB wolfman. If you check that thread he does a comparison to his OC wolfman with standard blade gap. And yes the modification can be done to any of the razors, you may want to reach out to James and see what he suggests for your needs.

EDIT: here's the link to that thread. Bill, maybe you can repost some of your thoughts or your full review(s) over here in this thread as well?

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/457030-Wolfman-WR1-SB-Solid-Brass

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Williabe has an increased blade gap on his brass SB wolfman. If you check that thread he does a comparison to his OC wolfman with standard blade gap. And yes the modification can be done to any of the razors, you may want to reach out to James and see what he suggests for your needs.

EDIT: here's the link to that thread. Bill, maybe you can repost some of your thoughts or your review over here in this thread as well?

Thanks for that sir! I have only vague search skills, and wasn't finding the info. I did ask James in an email as well, hopefully not diverting too much time from his production schedule ..

EDIT: here's the link to that thread. Bill, maybe you can repost some of your thoughts or your full review(s) over here in this thread as well?

I'm on the wait list for the modified version of the OC. I thought the .74 mm modification was a measurement of blade exposure, not blade gap. Am I wrong? I told James I want to emulate the ATT H2 experience.

I asked James for a slightly more aggressive WR1 razor, and he modified the blade gap from his standard .61 to .74 MM. The brass WR1-SB does shave closer than my stock OC, but the trade off is comfort. I can get BBS with both razors, but with custom brass, the shaves are closer. They both have a place in my rotation-great razors!!

I recently got on the wait list for a Wolf Whiskers brush and am also on the list for a Wolman razor. Looks like I'm going to have to change my user name from snowman to wolfboy. A good tool built by a craftsman that will last a lifetime is well worth waiting for. Peter at Wolf Whiskers and James at Wolfman have both been superb to work with. In this day and age its such a pleasure to work with men of integrity that take pride in their work. A 4 month wait is not an issue. The building anticipation only makes it that much better.

Yeah, I just saw those today too. When I was first inquiring about a razor I told James I wanted the SB head but that I was on the fence when it came to picking a handle. I told him I liked the #2 best but that I'd be interested in anything learning more about any other new or unusual designs. He never mentioned the #7 or the variations on the #1 & #2, so it seems you're able to order what you see when it's your turn.

$FullSizeRender.jpg

Tonight's shave will be a Voskhod Teflon with my custom brass WR1-SB Wolfman. Big thanks to molon_labe for the PIF of two Voskhod blades! Will followup with my feedback tonight.

Top Bottom