What's new

NexlevMM's Brush Restore Thread

Local antique shop find.
Sanax Set in Rubber Black on Butterscotch

Originally had some ugly old Boar knot in it. Switched it out with a TGN 20mm Best, and threw some pennies in as a shelf, this thing is super hefty now.

As found
proxy.php

After a Polish
proxy.php

Knot set
proxy.php

Marvelous, simply marvelous!

And another one. Ever-Ready 300E with a TGN silvertip tossed in. Polished really well.

From Ebay.
proxy.php

With a Polish
proxy.php

End Result :)
proxy.php

Another Simpson, a butterscotch Tulip.
It reads:
Army & Navy
Stores London
Pure Badger
Simpson​

It was still in good shape, so I just hand polished with some Flitz. Couldnt fill in the letters because they were too shallow, so just left them as is. Almost didnt want to restore it because the knot looked good, but had lost all its scrubiness, so I threw in an 18mm TGN Best Badger. Enjoy.

Before
proxy.php

After new knot and Polish
proxy.php

proxy.php

Man I need one of these. I love that handle shape.

And another one. Ever-Ready 300E with a TGN silvertip tossed in. Polished really well.

From Ebay.
proxy.php

With a Polish
proxy.php

End Result :)
proxy.php
I just wanted to let anyone know who was interested that this brush delivers amazing lather! I am amazed at how much lather it creates while bowl lathering. Also, I think it has shed maybe 3-5 hairs so far. Absolutely amazing work, Mario!

Wow. Haven't been on in a very long time. Might have a few more restores coming up in the new year. Miss you guys!

Few more handles with me now. This time around its a No name Culmak, a Kent V7 and a Culmak SM1 all in butterscotch. The no name just had the knot fall out and that was a huge time saver. The other two got the usual forstner bit treatment. Knots to come soon!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 26
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 26
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 26
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg