What's new

New Wilkinson Sword Quad blade Safety Razor

Saw it in a FB group. Asked my daughter for it for Father’s Day. Looks intriguing. It’s on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine this evening and just had a run at it. Very forgiving. Smooth, and efficient. Surprisingly good. I didn’t experience any tugging, and the blades are spaced and angled in such a way clogging was not an issue. I know a lot of guys are out because of the proprietary blades. But for the price I don’t think you can go wrong. It’s exciting to see these “half way” products popping up.

Attachments

• C737BD64-FBD1-4F2E-86B6-457BC017AAC8.jpeg
    C737BD64-FBD1-4F2E-86B6-457BC017AAC8.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 140
  • FEACBA90-1242-4328-BDCD-5475811524A5.jpeg
    FEACBA90-1242-4328-BDCD-5475811524A5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 142
  • 51A0C369-D165-4571-9F9C-66CFFB08B43A.jpeg
    51A0C369-D165-4571-9F9C-66CFFB08B43A.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 141
  • 60423CFB-DDEF-4253-ACF1-D3B0319B0CB6.jpeg
    60423CFB-DDEF-4253-ACF1-D3B0319B0CB6.jpeg
    936.6 KB · Views: 142
Looks like the cap determines the blade angle. The cartridge system is going to be a major disadvantage. No information as to cost of cartridges, they are out of stock, but I can see it being expensive.

Got mine this evening and just had a run at it. Very forgiving. Smooth, and efficient. Surprisingly good. I didn’t experience any tugging, and the blades are spaced and angled in such a way clogging was not an issue. I know a lot of guys are out because of the proprietary blades. But for the price I don’t think you can go wrong. It’s exciting to see these “half way” products popping up.
Thanks for your post. Looks really nice.
Head cap looks like the lath head. Interesting. I would be mega impressed if it would take standard DE blades.

Thanks for your post. Looks really nice.
Head cap looks like the lath head. Interesting. I would be mega impressed if it would take standard DE blades.

Sure! I think it’s kind of cool. Not the be all end all, especially for the hard core hobbyists. But it was a great shave. Easy, convenient. Much better than a cart. And yes, now that I think about it the head is very reminiscent of the lathe. Works the same. I have very sensitive skin and I had no redness or irritation.

I got one because I just like “gimmicky” things. It is a substantial razor, the blades, too. They look like they might make it to the 10-20 shaves per range. I’ve just shaved once, but it was very nice, I agree with “forgiving”. First pass I was tentative, by number three, I was just whipping it around. A bit of sting from the alum on my neck, but that is normal for me.

Thanks for the close up pics & glad you liked it. There appears to be a lot of distance from the end-edge of the blade & the outside of the chrome razor head. As a hairy bastard with a big nose, I could see me having to do some serious schnoz stretching to get hairs close to the nostrils.

No problem. I thought some might be into it. The angle in which it shaves doesn’t make it too terrible under the nose at least for me. But...that’s always the challenge with any bulkier head designs I suppose.

Second shave today was better than yesterday, which was great. I think I am still using too much pressure, or don’t have the best angle dialed in. Just a bit close. Still early days, but right now I would say, aggressivness is between Game Changer .68 and .84, closer to .84.

736C6423-E7A7-4800-A84F-211F8634F876.jpeg
0C859DDE-F2CF-4D4C-A696-89085659DE78.jpeg
CAAE8F68-1AD8-47D1-BBFE-BC3AE01879E0.jpeg
0CD3B0F1-1C6C-4F81-87A9-76D2D196C7C7.jpeg
354F2BE3-11C5-4D9D-A96E-0AEB8CD5D860.jpeg

I think I am still using too much pressure, or don’t have the best angle dialed in.
Looking at the cap and flanges at the ends, it seems to have to ride the cap for the correct blade angle. The pictorial on the packaging also suggests that approach.

Thanks! I’ll put that approach to work on shave three. Not tomorrow, though, todays’s was so close I won’t need to shave.

Thanks! I’ll put that approach to work on shave three. Not tomorrow, though, todays’s was so close I won’t need to shave.
Thank you for those photos. It's a very very interesting and unique razor. Upon viewing your photos, the blade system could be easily adapted to accept half DR blades, so I hope someone will bring out an "adapter".
Hope you have a smooth shave my friend.

Shave three this morning after taking a day off. Best shave yet. I followed Invicta‘s advise. Rode the cap and as light on the pressure as I could. This is a fairly heavy razor, so you still get a bit of pressure. BBS with no feedback from the alum. This razor is a keeper for me, so I hope I can eventually find blades for it, and they are not wildly expensive.

Shave three this morning after taking a day off. Best shave yet. I followed Invicta‘s advise. Rode the cap and as light on the pressure as I could. This is a fairly heavy razor, so you still get a bit of pressure. BBS with no feedback from the alum. This razor is a keeper for me, so I hope I can eventually find blades for it, and they are not wildly expensive.
Great to here that. It looks so nice for a razor too.

Second shave today was better than yesterday, which was great. I think I am still using too much pressure, or don’t have the best angle dialed in. Just a bit close. Still early days, but right now I would say, aggressivness is between Game Changer .68 and .84, closer to .84.

View attachment 1115657View attachment 1115658View attachment 1115659View attachment 1115660View attachment 1115661

Any other Gibbs owners look at that and wonder about the fit in our razors. Might just buy some blades to try. Little finger adjustment before clamp down but looks like it would fit.

Can you take one more picture with it next to a standard DE blade to contrast the blade/cart size?

Top Bottom