What's new

New Wilkinson Sword Quad blade Safety Razor

See if this helps. I’m not experienced at photography, so if you need other perspectives, let me know. The third blade is the Feather FHS-10.

A79F527E-7ABD-4304-ABF5-55377FF64336.jpeg

0EA1918E-F40E-4F1E-AC92-716FD7773347.jpeg

That's a pretty unique design. I love Wilkinson blades so I would think that this would be right up my alley....BUT....as I recall, when the first cartridge razor was introduced by Gillette, I really liked the small head on it. As time has gone on, now that we're up to 19 blades in a single cartridge (well it seems like that will happen! LOL), I've begun to recall shaving with an injector razor and liked that. I just bought a used Shick adjustable injector and waiting for it to come in. Looking forward to trying that out once again. This could be the next step, but I'll wait to see what the replacement blades are priced at. We all know that the razor manufacturers could give their handles away (Gillette did) because the money's in the blades.

Fourth shave today and another great shave. No discernible loss of sharpness. My only gripe (very minor!) is I prefer a lighter razor. It is kind of a beast, but it gives a great shave with no irritation. I’ve never been sure of the definition of ”efficient”, but I think this is it.

If anyone finds the blades anywhere, please give me a shout.

Fourth shave today and another great shave. No discernible loss of sharpness. My only gripe (very minor!) is I prefer a lighter razor. It is kind of a beast, but it gives a great shave with no irritation. I’ve never been sure of the definition of ”efficient”, but I think this is it.

If anyone finds the blades anywhere, please give me a shout.

I’m with you. I’ve had 4 shaves with it, since receiving it the other day and last nights was as good as the first. I can’t believe just how much I enjoy the shave I get with this razor...I almost didn’t want to like it as much as I do. I also am a fan of lighter razors...so this is about my only gripe. Also not wild about the look. But damn it works well. So good it’s making me rethink the other razors I own. I’ll be interested in how soon replacement blades become available. The shave is just so smooth and absolutely 0 irritation. And yes. It’s definitely efficient. Feels effortless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m glad you like the razor too. I shaved over 7 hours ago and my face still feels like I just shaved, with no irritation. I didn’t want to like it either, but now I’m checking around for new blades two or three times a day!

R

romsitsa

I don’t know. I’m actually puzzled why the blade had to be so complicated and what’s the pivot point like object between the head and handle. It reminds me of the adjustable head of old Wilkinsons, but this is a one piece casting?
Actually would try the blades, but didn’t get any response from the company wether it will be available here.

Adam

Imagine, a new Schick injector launch. A whole generation of folk who think its new, 😉 I'd buy it.

I totally agree.. It would be nice if Schick did what Gillette did recently, releasing the Heritage and King Gillette retro razors. I would be in the camp to purchase a reproduction Schick Injector a nice legacy razor.

Correct. Seems odd as it's branded as Wilkinson & not Schick. I don't think it's even on the Wilkinson UK website.

Very strange how mysterious this razor seems to be. No info on it really anywhere. I haven’t seen it on any of their websites. It just popped up on Amazon one day so I snagged it. I hope it becomes something they put more behind in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i cant find this for sale anywhere but Amazon.com. Doesn't appear to be available in the UK ????
Does not surprise me. Gillette rolled out their heritage inspired {KCG1} razor on A**zon.com and not the UK site as it was testing the market, Wilkinson Sword are doing exactly the same. Note the other similarity, blade cartridge made in Germany {Harrys manufacturing plant I assume} and handle made in China. The USA is a large market so it makes sense to test there first through the A**zon distribution network.

i cant find this for sale anywhere but Amazon.com. Doesn't appear to be available in the UK ????
Me either. Like some have already said, I believe it's a test. I contacted Wilkinson Sword UK and they said the razor is only available in USA. No plans for a UK launch

That is 51% on top of the razor cost; far too much for another cartridge type product. Better to wait and see if it is a success and shipped from the UK online store with replacement blade units at reasonable prices.
I think I would prefer a KCG2 from Gillette UK at £20 including delivery.

Top Bottom