What's new

New Wilkinson Sword Quad blade Safety Razor

I just tried my first shave with it. It reminded me of aspects of the Gem Single Edge, Personna Double II and the Schick Twin Injector. It is wider, heavier and bulkier than than the injector. On most of the face, it just mows down the beard, much like the Gem. By being much heavier than the Double II, it is more stable and brute force, and more assured in its path with no recoil away from the face. I thus far prefer the Injector right below the nose. It is smaller and I am used to it there. Blade quality is very good so far. Overall very impressed.

Subie says an injector blade fits very well in this. He even stacks a 1/2 DE on top. I am curious about Injector II blades in this one. Anyone have the combo to give up it a whirl?

TSA only allows encapsulated blades (i.e. no open edges) so I think if you put these in a carry-on you’d be taking a chance they might not get through. In any case the agent would be making a judgment call, and it’s never a good day when you’re giving them that opportunity.

It would be less risky to check them or bring something else. Just don’t do things that ask agents to make judgment calls, and your trips through security will be less stressful for everyone.
OK, after some work I found what I think is the relevant language.

Follow Federal Register :: Request Access - https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2023/10/26/2023-23653/prohibited-items and then do a search for

and non-disposable safety razors

and you will find that such razors are now within Definition of Sharp Objects in the Prohibited Items List Section I.B.

I haven't gone into deeper detail, but my interpretation would be that this would qualify as "non-disposable safety razors"; and hence would be prohibited in carry-on. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Top Bottom