What's new

New Wet Shaver!

After seeing a presentation by a fellow traditional wet shaver here on base, I decided to pull the trigger and make the switch! I ordered everything I needed and about 12 or so days later I had all the implements in hand. (Darn local customs and their week long "labor day" holiday!!!)

I couldn't wait until the morning to try it all out so I shaved right then at work. I did ok for the first few sessions, then I got a little over zealous and tried a standard 3 pass one morning. It irritated the mess out of my neck and face. I'm going to chalk that up to newbie technique, but on the positive side, I swear I did not need to shave the next day!! I get a lot of funny looks in the latrine trailer. I just going to assume they are jealous. :biggrin1: It took a few days to get the lather portion just right. I'm getting better at it, I just needed to push the brush into the bowl more. Now it pops to life after a few swirls. I have tried two different blades and I can't tell much difference between them yet. The alum block is amazing though, it is cool swiping that thing over weepers and have them stop almost instantly. Probably the two things I like best so far are the wonderful smells of the products and the sound the razor makes when cutting the hairs!! I cannot wait to get home and try out straight razor shaving!
View attachment 509459
You said a fellow worker at base...if you're in the military then thank you for your service. .......Try not to rush into straight razor shaven til you master DE Shaving first.

Top Bottom