What's new

New to the DE razor

Hi Guys!

Just joined. I'm so amazed about how much information there is out there about shaving! After years of canned goo and cartridge razors I've discovered something I should have been doing all along. A proper shave! I just find it hard to understand how in 2008 we have to look back instead of looking forwards. Mach3, Quartro etc are all just crap aren't they?

Ed -

Welcome. Salutations down under.

Are you perchance familiar with the bands Fruit or Women in Docs?
I've bumped into them in my U.S. travels over the years.
(Yeah, I know, it's a big bloody continent, but I thought I'd ask anyway.)

Cheers,

- Richard

Welcome, mate!

proxy.php

Good Morning Gentelmen,
My quest began with a desire to be as Green as possible. So I started by eliminating all the cans of shaving cream, and what a difference it was with a good soap and Badger brush!
So now to replace my Sensor Excell. Yesterday I received my Merkur HD Barber Pole Razor. Two shaves so far and no knicks or cuts!, and the closest shave I can recall, and I feel good to not have to dispose of all that plastic.
I will hope to educate others to this ecoligical way.

I just find it hard to understand how in 2008 we have to look back instead of looking forwards. Mach3, Quartro etc are all just crap aren't they?

Glad to have you both on board. It's not so much looking back, it's simply that a bunch of guys have cut through the advertising hype of three four and five blades and have found the simplicity of the original DE blade again. It's always there, just smothered under bulls%*t.

Best regards,

Jay

Top Bottom