What's new

New Timeless OC .95 WoW!

UPDATE:

My New Timeless .95 w/ SAFETY BAR Plate, Smooth Top Cap & Dimpled Handle In Polished is Arriving Today!!!

The O.C. was a little much For me... Anxious To See If This Will Be The Sweet Spot!

Post To Follow!

Thanks,

Tony

Very Exciting... Just un-boxed a Brand new Timeless OC w/ .95 Gap!

Got the Classic Configuration... 14 X 85mm Barber Pole Handle, Open Comb. Scalloped Cap, and All Polished! Beautiful!!! It seems that my face favors a SB Plate, because all of the Razors that I've found work best for me are that, but I read such favorable responses about this particular Open Comb, that I decided to try it, and will probably Get the Safety Bar Version as well.

I'm from a Automotive & Motorcycle Racing Background, so I know Good Machine work, and this Rivals the Best There Is!!

The Presentation is Amazing, and the Quality speaks for itself... Although I'm new to this hobby I've bought most of the top contenders... So I can't wait to take this for a test drive tonight!!!

BUT, Can it beat the Reining Champ Razor And Blade Combination that I've found so far??

The Rockwell 6s w/#4 Plate, and a Permasharp Blade?... This gives me the Smoothest / Closest Shave of anything I've tried so far by a good measure!!!

Time Will Tell!

Thanks,

TonyView attachment 885845 View attachment 885846 View attachment 885847
great looking razor and one I've been wanting to try myself

IT'S HERE!!!!!

The Timeless .95 Safety Bar / Smooth Top. In all it's Glory!

Gotta Say... These Things Are Dope!!

Was hesitant in getting the dimpled handle and was going to get the traditional knurled... But seeing it in person I'm glad I stuck with the Dimpled!

Tony
TIME_95SB.jpg
TIME_95SB_1.jpg
TIME_95SB_2.jpg
TIME_95SB_3.jpg
TIME_95SB_4.jpg

My eBay purchase of a Timeless SS 95 OC, with the Scalloped Cap arrived yesterday. It was with some trepidation I bought, what was a very attractively priced razor on eBay. For those that didn't follow my tribulations with a Timeless Bronze 78 OC, I ultimately found it way to harsh to use daily. It seemed that everyone that has used both a SS/Ti and Bronze OC found the Bronze no where as smooth, even Matt at Timeless indicated they shave quite differently.

Rather than use the included PAA handle, which I like, but might be light for the head, I attached to an Ikon bamboo handled for it's inaugural shave this morning, using a new Astra SP. - I used some Dove for Men Pre-Shave & Proraso White, not knowing what to expect out of the 95 OC, after my jaunt with a Timeless Bronze OC.

Let me start by saying I just found my ultimate razor, I like my Rockwell with plate R6 and Karve with the D plate, but holy cow does this baby remove the growth. For me, it's as efficient, if not more so, than the Pearl OC, yet as gentle as my Rockwell or Karve. (Actually it feels sort of like the Rockwell with the R4 plate loaded to my face). I've never really warmed up to most OC Razors, but this one doesn't feel like an OC, it's oh so much smoother than most open combs, yet has every bit of the efficiency of the more aggressive ones I've tried. To date, the smoothest OC I've encountered and still use was my Schone (Fatip's sister), until now.

Much to my surprise, I was pretty much BBS in ONE(1) WTG Pass, which just doesn't happen. In a real hurry, I could stop there if need be and leave the house with better than DFS and close to BBS.....and my idea of BBS is extremely high. At the same time, it didn't feel like I used a belt sander on my face. Yes, you feel some blade, but in a good way, not a bad way. There's one thing to know there's a blade loaded, and that you can feel it cutting, but something totally different to feel like you're scraping off the top 2 layers of skin during the shave. The 95 OC is definitely the former, with just the right amount of blade feel that the angle comes naturally, but without any harshness.

I did re-lather and perform a second ATG pass, which was absolutely no problem, even under the nose, where I just went light and a tad shallow, which left my upper lip very smooth. Not even so much as a hint of irritation and I was BBS, with just a swipe or two in 1-2 places that I didn't hit real well.

I sat looking at the loaded brush and thought, what the heck, might as well see what a third pass would feel like. The proof is in the pudding, or in this case the lather. Grabbed the brush, re-lathered, now having that nice cooling sensation for the Proraso White kicking in nicely. Picked up the Timeless and did a XTG on the cheeks, which other than a tiny bit of zing at the sides of the chin, really didn't find anything further to remove. Proceeded to do a slightly diagonal pass downward on the neck and picked up a little zing from the blade on the neck tendons, which is always there, even after 4 passes with Rocky, but this thing grabbed them right away.

No apparent burn from the AS, and the end result is my face feels as smooth as a freshly waxed car. Not a single nick, cut, scrape, nor any irritation or redness. My face feels great. Sadly, I'm not sure there's going to enough there to shave tomorrow :crying:, but we'll see. (I'm generally a daily shaver, even most weekends).

This is a perfect razor for somebody who wants the efficiency of a Pearl OC, R41, or Ikon Tech, but wants a relatively easy and comfortable shave.

Is it hard to find the correct angle to shave with on a timeless? That's my number one problem shaving, finding the correct angle.

I had absolutely no trouble finding the angle with the 95 OC, nor keeping it. It also seems to have a fairly wide working range to me. I even went extra steep (handle close to face) ATG under the nose initially, and it still nicely removed the growth. - The Bronze OC had a rather narrow range, but not the SS/Ti, it was ridiculously easy to shave with for me this morning.

I had absolutely no trouble finding the angle with the 95 OC, nor keeping it. It also seems to have a fairly wide working range to me. I even went extra steep (handle close to face) ATG under the nose initially, and it still nicely removed the growth. - The Bronze OC had a rather narrow range, but not the SS/Ti, it was ridiculously easy to shave with for me this morning.
Sweet!! I have a SS master set on the way... scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

VERDICT!:

Well I put the New Timeless with .95 But this time with SAFETY BAR PLATE, and Smooth Cap w/ Dimpled Handle Through its paces... And It IS indeed the Sweet Spot For me... Just about as Close as the Open Comb, but a little more forgiving! Exactly what I needed!

I wanted to wait 20 hrs. or so after the shave to see if any irritation set in, like it did with the O.C. Plate version... And am happy to report it did not. I got a Perfect BSS with 2 Passes, and just some cleanup on my problem areas... I went right to the Perma-Sharp Super blade, and employed my usual Prep... Hot Towels... Billy Jealousy Hydroplane Shave Cream, applied with a SR3324 Silvertip Blub Brush, warm water rinse, then Cold Rinse, and Thayers Rose Witch hazel, and after dried, I use the TOBS Sandalwood After Shave Gel. Perfect!

If Any of you haven't tried the Billy Jealousy Cream I urge you to do so... Reduces Drag, and irritation AMAP, and Leaves your skin supple and lubricated.. Plus a nice Lemon Scent.

I also like the TOBS for Sensitive skin if you want a luxurious lather, and the Cremo... But you cannot beat this stuff for a Slick, Close, Comfortable Shave.

Thanks,

Tony

Timeless1cOMPARO.jpg

Just had my 3rd shave with my new to me 95 OC, another flawless shave with the same Astra SP. I was convinced that a single pass shave that was even half decent was hog-wash, a fallacy, or wishful thinking, but it's possible with this razor, yet it's more gentle on the skin than several others I've tried, which weren't this efficient. - I actually did a 2nd pass for cleanup, but could have stopped after the first XTG pass and been better than DFS and darn near BBS. Seriously, it takes me 3 passes + cleanup to get that good with my Rockwell using plate R6. The Rockwell has a bit less blade feel, but this Timeless is quite a bit more efficient. Between the smoothness and the efficiency, the additional blade feel is meaningless, as there's fewer passes, with fewer strokes/swipes per pass. (Translation is my face feels great afterwards without any raw or tenderness).

There's a huge den clearing in my near future, and I just need to find the time to clean them up, dip them in barbicide, and take the pics to list them. Next up should be a side-by-side with the Karve D plate over the weekend.

@cyberdog I’ll be watching BST for your den clearing items. I’m not looking to collect, I’m looking for user razors. Glad you found such a great razor!

I shaved with my new Timeless last night, and wow! I don't have enough experience or insight to give a review, but I love that razor!!! It is the .95 SB with smooth cap and knurled handle. I also have all the rest since I got the master set.

I shaved with my new Timeless last night, and wow! I don't have enough experience or insight to give a review, but I love that razor!!! It is the .95 SB with smooth cap and knurled handle. I also have all the rest since I got the master set.

Here's A Smart Man!

I Should Have Done That In The First Place!!! :a14:

Let Us Know Your Findings With The Different Plates...

Thanks,

Tony

Very nice pics. I love the barber pole handle, but when I ordered my Timeless they only had the barber pole in 100mm, and for me the 85mm handle is perfect so I got their original knurled 12 x 85mm. I got the scalloped head and base, and the handle, but I went with the matte finish. I originally bought the .95, but it was a bit much for my crappy beard, so I bought the .68 and its been my daily driver for a year and a half. You'll enjoy it.

For me a Kai and a Timeless are a match made in heaven.
Agreed. But then, I use Kai regardless of the razor. Very sharp, yet smooth.

*!! JUST TO CONFIRM MPS !!*

MPS = MY PERFECT SHAVE!

Got The 12 x 85mm Knurled Handle With Stand as well as the .95 Safety Bar Plate.
This was the original Handle when they first created the Razor...

I love the way the 14mm Fat Dimpled Handle looked, but it was a little slippery when wet.
This is Slimmer, and the knurling provides an Iron Grip, I find it lets me get a more Precise
Shave... The Dimpled handle can let the Razor Get away from you.. I don't find it a problem
with the 14mm Barber Pole I have on the .95 OC Though.

In any Case... I could never imagine a better shave than I just had! Scary Close! No Five
O'clock Shadow on my dense course beard... And Butter Smooth with No irritation... And
Not One Dam Nick!! I LOVE IT!!!! (This with a 2 Shave Perma-Sharp Super.)

Want to also mention again, I love the large Drain Holes... Rinses soap, and stubble right
out! I have a problem with the Rockwell 6s with this, and it's annoying...

Of Course... I will Try A Wolfman, and, an Above The Tie... Cause that's what WE DO!

But I'm Telling You, "For Me...", Nothing's Going To Beat This!!

And Lastly, and Strangely... I can't believe this has made me as happy as it has! LOL!

Best To All,

Tony

TIMELESS_KNURLED.jpg
TIMELESS_KNURLED2.jpg

I put mine on a 100mm Stork hedgehog handle and it is money. I think it does better on a longer and heavier handle. Apply almost no pressure and let the weight of the handle do the work.

0CAB7612-4B14-4B43-ABBE-B061586F0A5B.jpeg

Top Bottom