What's new

New Timeless OC .95 WoW!

Very Exciting... Just un-boxed a Brand new Timeless OC w/ .95 Gap!

Got the Classic Configuration... 14 X 85mm Barber Pole Handle, Open Comb. Scalloped Cap, and All Polished! Beautiful!!! It seems that my face favors a SB Plate, because all of the Razors that I've found work best for me are that, but I read such favorable responses about this particular Open Comb, that I decided to try it, and will probably Get the Safety Bar Version as well.

I'm from a Automotive & Motorcycle Racing Background, so I know Good Machine work, and this Rivals the Best There Is!!

The Presentation is Amazing, and the Quality speaks for itself... Although I'm new to this hobby I've bought most of the top contenders... So I can't wait to take this for a test drive tonight!!!

BUT, Can it beat the Reining Champ Razor And Blade Combination that I've found so far??

The Rockwell 6s w/#4 Plate, and a Permasharp Blade?... This gives me the Smoothest / Closest Shave of anything I've tried so far by a good measure!!!

Time Will Tell!

Thanks,

Tony
Timeless1.jpg
Timeless2.jpg
TimelessBox.jpg

You should find the .95 Timeless not only more efficient than the Rockwell 6s but the razor just has more mojo which I find the Rockwell lacks. At least for me. The other thing is being more efficient it’s not a mindless shaver so a good solid technique will only allow you to realize the true potential of this wonderful razor. Also blade choice is very important with the .95. For me a Kai and a Timeless are a match made in heaven. Congrats and enjoy that beauty and let us know your shaving experience with it.

Well This Didn't Take Long!

And I must say IT WAS A KNOCKOUT!!

Very Surprised that It would be that decisive... But using my GoTo Blade the Astra SP... I just got the best Shave of My Life!!! BBS in 2 Passes.

I have a course Dense Beard... And must shave everyday, or I get irritation, cause my hair is curly, and aggravates the skin... So I need a smooth Razor... I was leery about the Open Comb, and really thought I would wind up with the SB plate.... But it's not necessary. I will get it for when I can't take the time, and want to shave faster, and also just to try... But with the Astra... Which will slice me up in the wrong razor, I had not one nick or weeper!!! that with the OC, and .95! The Astra in a Parker 99R Cut me To Ribbons!!! and at lease 4 bleeding spots with that one. But this was flawless...

Very smooth, but you can instantly tell, you have to be more careful, because you feel right away: "THIS THING CUTS!" A lighter touch than I use with the Rockwell... I can put some pressure with the 6s on #4, With this it's very intuitive... You know right away to respect it. So you just let the weight of the Razor do the Work, and this thing is even heavier than the All Stainless Steel Rockwell.... You can feel the Blade more with this... Not saying it's grabby or ruff... I'm just saying exactly what it is... You Can Feel The Blade On Your Face More! Which makes sense since the Razor exposes more of it... So you are instantly aware of what you have to do... Because this Razor gives you Great Feedback... Just like a Good Race Car Does... You feel the Road, and can gauge how much grip you have, and how much you can push it!

Now to think... I didn't even use what I found to be the best blade in the 6s... The Permasharp... That is For Tomorrow!!! Can't wait...

Just for Reference, and have 100pks, and have tried. Astra, Kai, Polsliver, Voskods, Personna, and have Gillette SB, Bic, and Feathers, but have not tried them yet.

More To Come!!

I found that the ridgid hold on the blade that all the Timeless topcaps and baseplates provide makes every blade both more efficient and smoother than any other razor I have used. For me anyway that goes for Derby, Astra SP, Personna Med Prep, Nacet, Kai, Feather. I think you ill be surprised what a difference there is in each blade in this razor compared to other razors.

Lovely razor! I have the 100mm pineapple and scalloped base plate with .95 gap and absolutely love it! I too was curious about the open comb because of the raving reviews but ultimately chose scalloped. The razor for me provides incredible efficiency and smoothness. I am happy you have experienced similar results! Timeless sure do design stunning razors.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great review and description of your experience. Congrats too. I love timeless ,68 oc for me but considering the 95 but your description confirm s my sense that the 95 is too much for me .I'm very interested in the dual head too

You should find the .95 Timeless not only more efficient than the Rockwell 6s but the razor just has more mojo which I find the Rockwell lacks. At least for me. The other thing is being more efficient it’s not a mindless shaver so a good solid technique will only allow you to realize the true potential of this wonderful razor. Also blade choice is very important with the .95. For me a Kai and a Timeless are a match made in heaven. Congrats and enjoy that beauty and let us know your shaving experience with it.

Are you referencing Kai and .95 gap or .68 gap?

Either one as I have both but I use my .95 a lot more than the .68 but the Kai in a Timeless is a perfect match up. Polsilver is my next favorite but Kai and Timeless is perfect.
Thanks for the feedback! I’ve been curious about Kai, but have yet to try a blade. Polsilver is also a great matchup. I’ll have to get a few Kai blades from tryablade

Just Ordered Another 0.95 Plate in Safety Bar... Along with a Smooth Cap, Both Polished... Just wanted To see If it's any Smoother than the OC with the Scalloped Top Cap...

*ALSO... Wanted to Add to my Critique above that I also Absolutely Love the LARGE DRAIN HOLES in the Sides and bottom of the Razor... It Rinses out Fast & Clean... That is Awesome... I frequently saw soap trapped in the Rockwell... And would constantly Loosen the Handle to get more clearance, and rinse it out.

Problem with that is A) It's A Pain, and B) It's dangerous... because if you forget to tighten it... OUCH! :07:

Thanks,

Tony

*UPDATE

Now about 20hrs after First Shave w/ Astra Blade.. I have developed some significant Razor Rash, on my left lower neck... Perhaps it would not have happened with the Permasharp as it's sharper & smoother for me...

I'm going to go back to the Rockwell 6s / Plate# 4 and Permasharp, and limit to 2 passes, and heal up.

I had ordered the SB Smooth Plate & Smooth Polished Cap, and just Switched the order to include and Handle... They discount when you build an entire Razor, and it only worked out to $30 more so it was a no brainer...

I got the Dimpled 14 X 85mm Handle, and again Smooth SB Plate also in .95, and the Smooth Top cap.

Matt said it would be a little less aggressive... Perhaps This will be Right for me!

We All must find our Perfect Shave individually, and reviews can only serve as a guide!

Hope this is helping some of you...

Thanks,

Tony

You'll likely find that the .68 plate is closer to the feel of your Rockwell but more efficient. Maybe pick up a .68 SB plate at some point as it'll be a bit less aggressive. To me there's no comparison between these two razors (Rockwell and Timeless) as I find the Timeless far superior. With the exception of the Kai blade (because it's thicker) I've found that the Timeless razors don't really care what blade you use in them as they all feel and perform about the same. So in the Timeless I can't tell if I'm using an Astra SP or a Feather blade in the razor until I take it apart. All of the sharp blades seem to work exceptionally well, which is nice as I use this razor to use up some blades that aren't quite as good in my other razors.

You'll likely find that the .68 plate is closer to the feel of your Rockwell but more efficient. Maybe pick up a .68 SB plate at some point as it'll be a bit less aggressive. To me there's no comparison between these two razors (Rockwell and Timeless) as I find the Timeless far superior. With the exception of the Kai blade (because it's thicker) I've found that the Timeless razors don't really care what blade you use in them as they all feel and perform about the same. So in the Timeless I can't tell if I'm using an Astra SP or a Feather blade in the razor until I take it apart. All of the sharp blades seem to work exceptionally well, which is nice as I use this razor to use up some blades that aren't quite as good in my other razors.

Roydrage
New Thanks David...

Yes I agree that the Timeless is superior... I had no problems with the shave, no nicks, etc. I would like to keep the closer shave of the .95 gap, just hoping to tune it down a little with the smooth safety bar... Also I get less irritation with the Permasharp so I'm hoping that between the two things I can use the Timeless for my EDD... The .68 will be the next option... We have to control the experimentation by changing one variable at a time... Scientifically like we do in racing... that's the only way you know, what's what.

Thanks,

Tony

M

member 119848

...what the Timeless has and the Rockwell doesn´t is blade rigidity. Which allows to shave ATG without the fear of tugging. And Beauty of course :001_smile
I think it´s a good thing to have both plates: 0.68 and 0.95
IMO, two levels of agressiveness are enough: .68 for a damn comfortable shave, and .95 to maximize efficiency.
I never used the 6 levels that the Rockwell provided (#4 and #6 mostly).

Welcome to the Timeless Owners Club @Roydrage

You'll likely find that the .68 plate is closer to the feel of your Rockwell but more efficient. Maybe pick up a .68 SB plate at some point as it'll be a bit less aggressive. To me there's no comparison between these two razors (Rockwell and Timeless) as I find the Timeless far superior. With the exception of the Kai blade (because it's thicker) ...

Urban legend... measures .10mm as specified just like Feather and others.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Top Bottom