What's new

New Skincare Regimen

Fellow B&Brs,

I suffer from mild acne now and again, especially under my eyes where the skin is very sensitive. I'm looking at buying some new products that would help combat this. I currently just use some run of the mill Neutrogena products that contain 2% salicylic acid. I'm looking at getting into a more "formal" skincare routine now that I've found a new passion in DE shaving:wink2:. I'm thinking about something along the lines of a cleanser,toner,moisturizer routine. Do any of you guys have a specific anti-acne regimen? I was thinking about purchasing the Baxter of California line, but I'm not sure if that will specifically address my acne problems.

Any product suggestions?

Hi Frank.

Check out my thread on oil cleansing a few threads down. It may or may not work for you. Guess that goes without saying because those are the only two possibilities in the universe.

Anyways, it's worked for a ton of people and it's really all I use anymore. I only do it on days I shave though (normally every other day). The only thing different I do is apply the olive oil/castor oil/essential oil (EOs are not obligatory) combination during my shower, and the pre-shave routine (including hot towel) takes care of the rest. It not only improved my skin a lot but my shaves, too. On days I don't shave, I use a very gentle glycerin based soap only and every two weeks or so I'll use St. Ive's Apricot Scrub.

Top Bottom