What's new

New Rudy Vey Shavemac Beeauty!!

New Rudy Vey Shavemac Beehive Brush

Editor’s Note: Poor Snoopy is greatly confused by the newest brush acquisition. It’s unlike any beehive he or his good friend, Winnie the Pooh, have ever encountered before— a beehive without honey! Oh bother!!

Writing for the BBS, The World Famous Author Snoopy.

81829CDC-08C0-4AF4-9EC3-1A96F2B56C0A.jpeg

** My photography skills do not do the exquisite Shavemac Beehive brush justice my apologies.

In recent months I have added a few new brushes—a Simpsons Chubby 1 Super (current favorite), a Razorock BC Silvertip synthetic, and now a beeautiful Shavemac Butterscotch Beehive brush by Rudy Vey.

Several weeks ago, I noticed a post from Rudy indicating he was going to be making a Shavemac order soon. I have only had a few brief interactions with Rudy prior, but every message exchanged he was always gracious, kind, patient and extremely knowledgeable. I had never had a custom brush made before, but the many reviews I had read about Rudy’s craftsmanship and customer service were always exemplary. I eagerly messaged Rudy requesting the honor for him to make me a brush that represented several firsts for me. My first custom brush. My first beehive brush. My first Butterscotch brush. My first Shavemac brush. We exchanged a few messages where I peppered him with several newbie questions. Rudy’s responses were gracious, thoughtful and detailed. Rudy patiently guided me through the process for ordering my custom brush. I fully relied on his extensive knowledge for brush making to meet my needs for a beautiful brush. After I selected a bulb knot, he recommended the Silvertip hair due to my extremely sensitive skin, and I left the loft decision to his expert discretion. I have yet to use the brush—waiting for my next shave on Wolfman Wednesday— but Rudy has already exceeded my expectations in every way — his expertise and customer service is top notch! It’s a Beeautiful Butterscotch brush. I highly recommend buying brushes from Rudy—he’s awesome!! I will definitely be a repeat customer. Thank you Rudy!!

Happy Shaving Everyone!

@FarmerTan Thank you. Rudy is a great guy. I had talked to Bernd about specifications for a brush, but found aspects of the configurator confusing so I thought using an expert like Rudy to take care of the small details perfect. This forum is filled with many kind, helpful people that make this hobby extremely enjoyable.

@CarloMNL Its a 24mm, I enjoy smaller brushes. Rudy recommended either a 24 or 26, so I chose the smaller of the two sizes. Thank you for asking.

Last edited:
@linty1 Its my belief that every shaving den should have a beehive. You should definitely add one to your collection! I adore Snoopy too—glad the world famous author agreed to join the staff at The BBS. He does miss sleeping atop his doghouse, but has reassured me he’s comfortable sleeping atop the Captain’s Choice Copper shave bowl🙂.

@It’s Hedley Thank you. I look forward to using Rudy’s wonderful brush!

@Sascoman Thank you. It’s a beautiful brush and I’m thrilled Rudy could make my first Shavemac

@FarmerTan Thank you. Rudy is a great guy. I had talked to Bernd about specifications for a brush, but found aspects of the configurator confusing so I thought using an expert like Rudy to take care of the small details perfect. This forum is filled with many kind, helpful people that make this hobby extremely enjoyable.

@CarloMNL Its a 24mm, I enjoy smaller brushes. Rudy recommended either a 24 or 26, so I chose the smaller of the two sizes. Thank you for asking.
My RUdy Vey/shavemac has 18mm dia 2-band ST knot and beehive handle. It’s a lathering fool with hard soap or cream and a neat, comfortable face latherer too.

@Chaucer glad to hear you regard your Rudy Vey Shavemac beehive brush so highly. Do you or anyone else that uses a Shavemac beehive, have any other beehive brushes? If so, how does the Shavemac beehive compare to your other beehives??

@BudgetShaverGuy Snoopy is awesome!! He’s a gift from my brother who brought him back from a visit to Japan.

@cantujm Thank you. Love the color even more than the pictures!

@Chaucer glad to hear you regard your Rudy Vey Shavemac beehive brush so highly. Do you or anyone else that uses a Shavemac beehive, have any other beehive brushes? If so, how does the Shavemac beehive compare to your other beehives??

@BudgetShaverGuy Snoopy is awesome!! He’s a gift from my brother who brought him back from a visit to Japan.

@cantujm Thank you. Love the color even more than the pictures!
My only other beehive is a M&F with Blonde Badger knot, about 24mm dia. It’s labeled “2”. It’s a bit denser than the RV/shavemac, and it’s individual hairs may be thicker too. It definitely has more backbone. Too much backbone? Too big? No and No!

I’m not choosing between them. They’re very different, but I really enjoy both. Does that seem familiar?

My only other beehive is a M&F with Blonde Badger knot, about 24mm dia. It’s labeled “2”. It’s a bit denser than the RV/shavemac, and it’s individual hairs may be thicker too. It definitely has more backbone. Too much backbone? Too big? No and No!

I’m not choosing between them. They’re very different, but I really enjoy both. Does that seem familiar?
Yes, indeed!! That’s the best reason for having both!

Gorgeous brush as usual from @Rudy Vey. I need to have one made already!
Yes, you do! This is as good a time as any to add one to your den! You know the seductive ways of the B&B community so I’m happy to be an enabler 😁

Last edited:
Top Bottom