What's new

New Razor Day x2!! Thanks B&B

I received two razors in the mail today from two different PIF’s. The membership here has been nothing short of kind, supportive, and welcoming. I also won a blade sample pack, so it’s been quite the wonderful past few weeks.

I am the new and happy owner of a Merkur 37c and a Henson Mild.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I gave the 37c a test drive today with 2 day’s growth. It was waaaay milder than I thought. I was fearing some super efficient super aggressive razor. Nope. Had to spend a lot of time doing touchups after 3 passes, which was no big deal, but not what I was expecting. I also had to apply a bit of pressure and change the angle to get some blade feel. BBS achieved, but I’ll keep practicing with this one, as the geometry is very different from what I’m used to.

I’ll test drive the Henson in the coming days as well. The red color reminds me of Iron Man, which is very cool!

Enjoy!

And I thank @GoodShave for giving me the 37C so I could give it to you!

Had to spend a lot of time doing touchups after 3 passes, which was no big deal, but not what I was expecting.

The 34c is my mildest razor. Really smooth shave. But as I regularly use a Merkur R41, while it was an OK good shave, it was never great, as far as the shave itself went. Still, most people coming from cartridge razors would find it quite satisfactory and not irritating. As such, it makes an excellent daily shaver for most users.

Giving this some thought, I decided that being so mild, I was just kind of breezing through each shave and not putting much effort into the shave itself.

With this in mind, the day before yesterday, I decided to make a more concerted effort to get a close shave with the 34c.

I put in a Nacet blade that had a few shaves on it but was still sharp. I did a careful, methodical shave, which is my usual one pass with lather, plus clean-up.

With the extra attention, I did get my closest shave yet. Not as close as with the R41, but a DFS and better than I expected.

Top Bottom