What's new

New pocket pistol review. LCP ii

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

Go to 16:39. This is probably the most blatant and honest description of what a shooter needs to do to be fast & accurate as described by a legend.

Makes sense to me. We had been teaching cadets in the academy for quite a few years now, immediately after the shot, to off the trigger and back to the wall, instead of looking for the reset. I liked Rob's explanation, of why a shooter shouldn't wait on the reaction of the gun's cycle to repeat. It's almost a natural instinct, for newer shooters to wait for the cycle, before repeating their trigger engagement. That really does take lots of practice and mental focus to actually ignore everything the gun is doing on it's own; and only on what we are doing with the trigger.

Nice post Bogeyman.

OkieStubble

That's interesting, because musicians do that all the time. Maybe the recoil impulse affects how precise and delicate a trigger can be pulled. Or, perhaps the mechanics of a gun is partly the culprit.

Good point. This is exactly, why practice makes perfect. And while that perfect might not be to the exact millimeter where a bullet goes thru the same hole as the bullet shot before it, 4 leaf clover is close enough for me. :)

Makes sense to me. We had been teaching cadets in the academy for quite a few years now, immediately after the shot, to off the trigger and back to the wall, instead of looking for the reset. I liked Rob's explanation, of why a shooter shouldn't wait on the reaction of the gun's cycle to repeat. It's almost a natural instinct, for newer shooters to wait for the cycle, before repeating their trigger engagement. That really does take lots of practice and mental focus to actually ignore everything the gun is doing on it's own; and only on what we are doing with the trigger.

Nice post Bogeyman.
When you say “back to the wall” do you mean the front of your finger touching the trigger guard?

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Go here to 2:37. This video is the best 5 + mins. of shooting advice that I have ever seen or read. Period.

Great little video. Thanks for sharing it. I see what you're saying now. I'm not a LEO or an armed service member, but I've done a little bit of tactical training. I guess I've never thought about how my trigger finger reacts when dumping the mag or doing double taps. Thinking about it now, I do "slap" the trigger when shooting fast.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Good point. This is exactly, why practice makes perfect. And while that perfect might not be to the exact millimeter where a bullet goes thru the same hole as the bullet shot before it, 4 leaf clover is close enough for me. :)

My RO often makes the point that in a defensive situation, accuracy is important, but putting multiple bullets in the same hole will have less devastation than multiple bullets in a couple inch group.

OkieStubble

My RO often makes the point that in a defensive situation, accuracy is important, but putting multiple bullets in the same hole will have less devastation than multiple bullets in a couple inch group.

Yep, If cadets are dropping 4-6 inch groups inside the 9-10 ring, we ain't complaining. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
"We shall chase perfection, but never achieve it, but along the way we'll find greatness.." or something to that effect.

After reading the other LCP thread I thought I would update this old thread. I have put a few hundred more rounds through mine and since it was fixed, it has not had one malfunction. I have grown to enjoy shooting this little gun. I fire all the self defense ammo in both magazines every time I go to a range and occasionally go through a box of 50 of whatever I have on hand for fun and practice.

OkieStubble

After reading the other LCP thread I thought I would update this old thread. I have put a few hundred more rounds through mine and since it was fixed, it has not had one malfunction. I have grown to enjoy shooting this little gun. I fire all the self defense ammo in both magazines every time I go to a range and occasionally go through a box of 50 of whatever I have on hand for fun and practice.

My wife wants me to get myself one, so I will quit using hers. :)

OkieStubble

"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

FYP. :) nevermind, it didn't need fixing, I needed fixing. :) I edited that 3 times before I finally figured out it didn't need edited. I guess woodchuck is one word and not two.

Oh, and, Sally sells seashells by the seashore? Say that fast 3 times.

Top Bottom