What's new

New member in Canada

Hello Badger & Blade community, new member here from Ontario, Canada.

I haven't been lurking too long here, only about 2-3 weeks, but I've been gathering lots of info and advice from the various forums and threads. I have been using a Gillette Fusion razor for well over a year, many other types before that, but the cost of the blades here (almost everything else as well) is absolutely ridiculous, plus I was finding that shaving was a necessary evil, not a pleasurable experience. I used a brush and Williamson soap long age, but a can of gel became much handier to use when I stayed in bed until the last minute in the mornings. I recently began searching for somewhere relatively close to me to buy some of the Pinaud Clubman products to try, and discovered the Fendrihan website where I made my first order for after shaves and soaps. I found that even with just those things I was looking forward to shaving the next day. Amazing what advantages a brush and soap have over a can of gel!!

I had been thinking for ages about starting DE shaving, and after doing some research, less than a week after the first order, purchased a Parker 99R Barberpole razor and a blade sampler pack. I like the razor, haven't decided which blades I prefer yet, but I may have some kind of virus, I can't stop looking at other razors! I want to try them all! I'm currently bidding on a couple of old Gillettes on eBay to start a collection. Also looking forward to trying many shave soaps and creams, as well as trying to make my own pre shave glycerin soap. My enthusiasm even has my 11 1/2 year old son picking out DE razors for himself. He swears that he can see a couple of hairs on his upper lip and can't wait to shave them off.

I look forward to reading all the posts, and eventually contributing some of my own experiences. I love the various forums available here; haven't gotten to all of them yet, but there are a few that have already caught my eye (Hint: I like pipes!)

Dave

I just joined the board today, good to meet another noob. I recently found the Fendrihan site. I'm in the states but they had samples of Antica Barbieria Colla aftershave milk and shampoo, and I hadn't seen those samples elsewhere. In the ordering process I picked up a a Uchino washcloth which I love and puck of Fendrihan's coconut vanilla shave soap. The performance of that soap I think is fantastic, and if they'd dial up the scent it would be near the top of my rotation. Good site.

Put him in quarantine... he's showing symptoms of AD. Don't worry, you can't find it on WebMD, but check out our wiki for that acronym.

Hello and welcome, Dave. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to B&B, Dave. You can't take your eyes off of other razors and you like pipes. You will fit in just fine here! The next thing you know you will start eyeing brushes, fountain pens, etc.!

Top Bottom