What's new

New Machete Toy

proxy.php

Katana Machete

Just ordered one of these for $25 figured it might be worth it for some fun in chopping some brush and other stuff up. While it's certainly not a Waki or anything really nice, $25 (actually $27 at Amazon) was too good to pass up.
Anyone else interested in the trend towards machete type swords?

Katana Machete

Just ordered one of these for $25 figured it might be worth it for some fun in chopping some brush and other stuff up. While it's certainly not a Waki or anything really nice, $25 (actually $27 at Amazon) was too good to pass up.
Anyone else interested in the trend towards machete type swords?

I think the trend makes sense. It's a sword you can use all the time.

Who make's the Waki you linked to? I looks like something from Darrel Ralph or one of the other custom makers.

I think the trend makes sense. It's a sword you can use all the time.

Who make's the Waki you linked to? I looks like something from Darrel Ralph or one of the other custom makers.

Swamp Rat Knife works made them a few years ago, they are really nice from what I've seen but unfortunately they don't make them anymore (as far as I can tell) FYI Swamp Rat Knives are an offshoot of Busse.

Not bad I wonder how the tip will hold up though. My brush hacking is close to fence posts, trees, barns and the like....

My main use for a machete is cutting sugar cane. Usually the bolos or the square end cane knife is the best choice for my purpose. I doubt the thing pictured above would fare well in that particular service, but it might do well for light brush.

My company requires us to use 2 handed machetes for cutting brush. They supply us with one of the olther Cold Steel models. I've been thinking of getting this one. Probably scare the hell out of them. Let me know how it works out actually cutting. The ones we have
proxy.php
are extremely top heavy and cause major overswing when you cut through anything.

I think my boys would have a little too much fun with that... I am thinking "Enter the Dragon" - Someone would probably get hurt... LOL!!!
When we clear brush, we try to bend the brush to create tension when cutting to get a more efficient cut. Don't have two hands for the tool.

We use the Brazilian Machete (Jungle Knife) - has a rounded area near the point that shifts the weight to the cutting area - very similar to the Bolo...

It came, still waiting for the sheath though. The actual machete is cool, good balance, the handle is bigger then what I though it would be, but the blade is quite long too. Kinda disappointed in the edge, it'll need a little work, but sometimes that happens even with new knives/blades. Initial cuts to cardboard boxes were not as good as I'd hoped but like I said the edge will need some work, I plan on doing a bit more with it once I get the scabbard/sheath for it.
I think the blade will be pretty versatile, it's not as heavy as other machete's I've seen but since it's a bit longer and "faster" small brush/branches should be no problem. This will be deadly to water bottles and card board boxes (and zombies) once I get the edge right though ;)

Top Bottom